Anybody know what's going on at FAMC???

Alright I got the driver issue sorted thanks to a sticky in the FAMC forum. But now I have another question.

When I am programming buttons in pages and select presets, I can only choose B1 through B30. Do I not get to choose from all of the AxeFX presets?

I also have communicated with Jeff the last 2 days-and Tyler.
Anyway, just a note for you PC guys on Win 8 pro (unless I'm the only one) I had to do an advanced install to get the drivers to install on the 3.01 editor.
Just PC Settings\General\advanced startup and keep going all the way to restart and pick #7- (just hit the # 7 Key I mean-you don't see the list until "after" it reboots)disable win 8 signed driver crap-only does it for the one reboot but works wonders for any drives in Win 8 pro.

And if you already knew this............ cool

Some great posts rodzimguitar68. I have a lot to do in a week or so when I get back from my couple of weeks away.
Upgrade FW10, make new patches. Upgrade the LF and editor, start getting to grips with it more than a few hours of experimentation just after I got it. Should be fun.

Jeff's busy on a lot of fronts (another workaholic genius like Cliff). Among other things, he designed and had fabricated a 'completely silient' mechanical switch. I am DYING for my Pro+, but now that I know I'll end up with a silent one, or virtually silent, I am happy to wait. Not sure why he didn't go with FETs, perhaps he feels they're more unreliable. Certainly, he'd have had to redesign the board to power each switch. But whatever the reason, I am awaiting the fruits of his labor with bated breath!

Firmware v2.01 for the LF+ Series is out now, but my 12+ is saying "Firmware Failed Error001" when I try to update it from a Windows 7 computer. :(

I upgraded mine yesterday evening. I installed the new Editor the other day. I connected the LF+12+ started the Editor, that recognised the FW was out of date. I confirmed I wanted to upgrade, and it did its thing the unit reset and it was done.

Next I upgraded the Axe FX via Fractal Bot, again straightforward and simple. Then used Axe Manage to install all the new FW10 banks. No issues.

Today synced the LF+12+ with the Axe FX, used the LF editor report feature to get a PDF of all Axe FX presets for reference. Next will be probably selecting presets and making ones I want to keep on the unit and programming the LF...

I only have the USB from the 12+ plugged into the computer. I also get "Firmware Failed Error001" on the 12+ when I try updating from my iMac.
Yeah. I don't know. Have you tried turning off the AxeII? Whenever I turn it off and/or unplug Axe USB it works. If I don't I get the failed error every time, without fail.

Yeah. I don't know. Have you tried turning off the AxeII? Whenever I turn it off and/or unplug Axe USB it works. If I don't I get the failed error every time, without fail.
What Henry said. Turn off the axe 2. If you were powering the LF with a 7 pin midi cable, you will still have power to the LF.The error is telling you there is a midi conflict because another device is connected.Ironically, the firmware you are trying to install has a feature that will resolve this particular issue so it wont happen the NEXT time we all upgrade, after this one!

FYI the firmware and editor are updated for the old product (liquidfoot pro and jr). I had it wipe my configuration, so did someone else, but it's now all working. Need to mess with scenes, but the patch changes are faster now (fw10), so i dont know if need them. Anyway Jeff was very helpful, even called me and we worked through the editor and JS problems. He's just a busy guy, I dont think he's blowing anyone off.

Kudos to Jeff for supporting a product that is no longer sold, and keeping it up to date.

I had the same issue the other day. All that was needed was to temporarily turn off Realtime Sysex on the Axe while I did the update. The incoming tempo data confuses the firmware update process. No need to shut down the Axe. FYI Jeff told me in an email that from 2.01 on, that won't be necessary.

Ah! So the ol' Axe-Fx II Realtime SysEx strikes again! Thanks to everyone's help, I've successfully updated my 12+ to the new v2.01 firmware. :D

FAMC also quickly responded saying "Error 001 is either a corrupt file, or MIDI data coming in."

Great to hear that v2.01 will resolve this particular issue. :)

Last edited:
I'm now running the new Axe-Fx II v10.02 firmware with Send Realtime SysEx set to None. I'm getting different errors on the LCD of my 12+ when attempting to perform an Auto-Load...

Error | 000 | 004

Error | 000 | 007

Error | 000 | 010

Error | 000 | 011

Jeff's busy on a lot of fronts (another workaholic genius like Cliff). Among other things, he designed and had fabricated a 'completely silient' mechanical switch. I am DYING for my Pro+, but now that I know I'll end up with a silent one, or virtually silent, I am happy to wait. Not sure why he didn't go with FETs, perhaps he feels they're more unreliable. Certainly, he'd have had to redesign the board to power each switch. But whatever the reason, I am awaiting the fruits of his labor with bated breath!
Did he mention when these silent switches would be available? Ball park? Month-wise? Yearwise?

I emailed them about it, but guess what answer I got...
Apparently their metal factory got burned down... And they have an email problem with addresses not being correct. Mine was correct. Haven't changed it.

Did he mention when these silent switches would be available? Ball park? Month-wise? Yearwise?

I emailed them about it, but guess what answer I got...
Apparently their metal factory got burned down... And they have an email problem with addresses not being correct. Mine was correct. Haven't changed it.

I am friggin' DYING for my new 'silent' Pro, but I'm also not holding my breath. Jeff's supply chain seems to have hit a lot of potholes in the last year, and I think he's still working through it. Add a new physical switch design to that, and you've got... a wait.

I'll email him and see if I can get some kind of ETA.

Back
Top Bottom