Anybody know what date Atomic is up to on CLR wait list?

On the list on Feb 1 for 2 active wedges and it looks like someone received an invite yesterday who got on the list on Jan 31 - I might be close!!!

I don't remember when I got on the list, don't think it was that long ago. I was hoping to hear something by now because I have alot of gigs on the books. A update would be great so I know where I am on the list.

I don't remember when I got on the list, don't think it was that long ago. I was hoping to hear something by now because I have alot of gigs on the books. A update would be great so I know where I am on the list.

This thread seems to be pretty accurate. I spoke with Tom once last week and he said what I was seeing on the forum was exactly were he was at. He is getting pretty good at gauging his pace cause he said he expected to be son with January by the end of the week and as you can see guys who got on Jan 31st have gotten invited

This thread seems to be pretty accurate. I spoke with Tom once last week and he said what I was seeing on the forum was exactly were he was at. He is getting pretty good at gauging his pace cause he said he expected to be son with January by the end of the week and as you can see guys who got on Jan 31st have gotten invited

I got on the list on Jan 30. No invite yet but should be soon.

I am curious why there is a wait list in the first place. It can't be that hard to make a CLR cabinet if they have the parts in stock.

1. Are they waiting on parts manufacturers to deliver them the parts they need?
2. Is someone else making the units for them and they are waiting on them to get it together?
3. Are some. or all of the parts, or the whole thing, being made in China?

Where are the CLR cabinets (and parts for the cabinets) made?

I am curious why there is a wait list in the first place. It can't be that hard to make a CLR cabinet if they have the parts in stock.

1. Are they waiting on parts manufacturers to deliver them the parts they need?
2. Is someone else making the units for them and they are waiting on them to get it together?
3. Are some. or all of the parts, or the whole thing, being made in China?

Where are the CLR cabinets (and parts for the cabinets) made?

Yes, they can be made by hand. There's an old forum thread about how Jay had his prototype and wasn't planing on making them. Somehow, Atomic was able to get him as a design consultant and is building them. The speakers are ultra-high end and if made in the US would be well over $3k. They are made to custom and exacting specs, in quantities that meet economy of scale for their orders. A smaller company has to deal with supply chain issues when working with overseas suppliers. As frustrated as anyone on the wait list is, they are at least 1000x as frustrated because one of the hardest things a biz can encounter is not being able to meet customer demand. As someone who only wants to the best for my new rig and isn't gigging at the moment, I can patiently wait but am anxiously awaiting the day. If that makes any sense at all. I got on the list March 30th FWIW. The good thing about this is that the new orders are large and there is another order coming shortly if they run out of stock soon. Having a background in customer service, I would like to see a little more communication with the people in line about how the stock is progressing. Perhaps a general post on the forums. Given that they probably have very few if any employees, they're probably working their butts off to get these puppies shipped to the people who paid.

Here's what I think I've read on the forums while doing my research while waiting.

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Korea.

Korea.

Last edited:
I got on the list on Jan 30. No invite yet but should be soon.

Let us know when you do. It looked like things were going pretty fast last week. When I spoke with Tom, it seemed that the orders were very bunched in December from the initial pre-order but tapered back from there and that it might move faster the later the months got. Here's hoping~

I would like to see a little more communication with the people in line about how the stock is progressing. Perhaps a general post on the forums.

I understand Atomic is extremely busy and I am sure doing their very best to make everyone happy. I agree that a general post with regard to stock would be helpful as personally my gig schedule requires me to have a solution in place pretty quickly. I joined the list in April and received an email response with the subject Thank you for joining our mailing list. I have emailed Tom a couple times in the last 10 days to be sure I was actually added to the CLR list because I found the email response ambiguous. Can anyone confirm this response is an indication that I was added?

Yup, turned up there was just a bit of confusion. Tom quickly discovered & corrected. Just ordered today.
So on the list Jan 30, ordered July 2.

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom