Anybody know what date Atomic is up to on CLR wait list?

I'm would not say the RCF is a bad speaker.

But there is nothing out there in the CLR price range that can touch it. It is that much better. IMO (to my ears).

Richard

On the list 12/11 . Good News /Bad News... Today I was told I am at the top of the list, BUT they just sold out

I got the same email...now what to do? My guess is it will easily be every bit of the 8 weeks...I got on mid Jan...if you got on early Dec, that's over 5 months wait for you...damn! Not sure I can hold my rig up that long...

CLR: It is better in dispersion, it is better in flat uncolored response over the RCF. Having gigged both and really pushed them, the clear advantage goes IMHO to the Atomic CLR hence my buying one. It is not about flavor of the month to me; I don't care about that sort of trend. I care about tools for the job and the CLR is a clear winner in value/price and overall performance for me. All IMHO, but based on real life 'in the trenches' first hand experience. I sold the RCF to fund the CLR. No regrets.

Did you ever try the Matrix speakers? Just curious.

I got the same email...now what to do? My guess is it will easily be every bit of the 8 weeks...I got on mid Jan...if you got on early Dec, that's over 5 months wait for you...damn! Not sure I can hold my rig up that long...

I got the same email and got on the list January 9th.

I got the same email and got on the list January 9th.

DAMN! Just got the same email today too with the option of buying the active Cab version...... Please convince me that the active Wedge is REALLY better than the Cab, Especially when you can get Tilt-back speaker stands if you need to monitor yourself from the floor fairly cheap?

Plus, I will be pole mounting the CLR's most of the time when possible..... arrrgh.... to tempting.

Hi Joe,It's OK , my rig is intense because of the 15" coaxial speaker for drop tunings AND the fact that, I have nothing to compare it too! I get the impression that the new order will be MUCH larger than the previous offerings, so your wait will not be as long as mine. It helps that my latest joy (a Gibson 2012 4th Gen Robot Les Paul Limited Fireburst with PIEZOS that tunes in under 3 sec ) is keeping me busy as I play slide in 4 tunings AND play acoustic all on one guitar.

If anyone is keeping score... it appears that 12/11 is the current cutoff for whether or not you receive a CLR vs. still being on the waiting list. The latest date I see posted for receiving an email notification about the order status is 01/09/2013 (6-8 week expected wait time).

DAMN! Just got the same email today too with the option of buying the active Cab version...... Please convince me that the active Wedge is REALLY better than the Cab, Especially when you can get Tilt-back speaker stands if you need to monitor yourself from the floor fairly cheap?

Plus, I will be pole mounting the CLR's most of the time when possible..... arrrgh.... to tempting.
Jay Mitchel the guy who designed them has said on TGP that he highly recommends the active wedge it has the switch for different setting for floor, back line and pole mounting. He has said that feature is crucial to have if you plan on using it in any other fashion that default ie trying to tilt the cab so it is not sitting flat on the floor

Jay Mitchel the guy who designed them has said on TGP that he highly recommends the active wedge it has the switch for different setting for floor, back line and pole mounting. He has said that feature is crucial to have if you plan on using it in any other fashion that default ie trying to tilt the cab so it is not sitting flat on the floor

That's odd, if you look at the spec sheet from the Support page at Atomic Amps it shows that the Active Wedge & Cab share the same control panel features?

Can anyone confirm that the active Cab version does NOT have the same features and has pole mounting?

I think you may have misunderstood what Jay said or meant. He has said that the presets are crucial for getting a flat response in the different positions but never mentioned this being exclusive to the wedge. Both the cab and the wedge have the same exact power section which includes the 3 position preset switch. Both versions sound identical.

FWIW, my personal setup is 2 active cabs which I use both on the floor like a traditional amp (in "BL" or backline mode) and pole mounted on stands (in "FF" or free field mode).

-TK

Last edited:

I think you may have misunderstood what Jay said or meant. He has said that the presets are crucial for getting a flat response in the different positions but never mentioned this being exclusive to the wedge. Both the cab and the wedge have the same exact power section which includes the 3 position preset switch. Both versions sound identical.

FWIW, my personal setup is 2 active cabs which I use both on the floor like a traditional amp (in "BL" or backline mode) and pole mounted on stands (in "FF" or free field mode).

-TK

Tom is correct. Jay Recommendes the active over the passive but did not say wedge only.

CLR passive questions - Jay? - The Gear Page Good thread over all but post #13 is where he says actives have the advantage over the pasives

CLR: It is better in dispersion, it is better in flat uncolored response over the RCF. Having gigged both and really pushed them, the clear advantage goes IMHO to the Atomic CLR hence my buying one. It is not about flavor of the month to me; I don't care about that sort of trend. I care about tools for the job and the CLR is a clear winner in value/price and overall performance for me. All IMHO, but based on real life 'in the trenches' first hand experience. I sold the RCF to fund the CLR. No regrets.

I would not accuse you of being a flavor of the current time guy although unintentionally you set trends. You simply use the tools you think are best and dudes follow that lead and sometimes it starts a trend, once again not your fault or plan. I read your reviews because you are playing in the real world and not your bed room (nothing wrong with bed room players but since I am not one of them I have to take their review with a grain of salt) I own the RCF and I am completely interested in trying the CLR (and Matrix) and for me there is only one reason; dispersion. I never felt like I had an issue but the more I get the better for my needs. You never mentioned the RCF having a hump until now, it very well maybe that the side by side comparison exposed that but you were the RCF for runner around hear. You have also carefully not to completely discredit the RCF because after all it is great at what it does and for me for example since I low cut at 120 and up I don't notice the bump. I def don't think I have mis qouted you and if I have I am sorry. I have used my RCF in many situation were not have the sound disperse a lot around me end up being a good thing. My point as a whole with the flavor comment (not directed at you) was that last year the RCF was AWESOME and not people reference it like it sucks which is far from the truth.

So the big question --

What is the CLR inventory status?

sold out/still shipping?

I don't think my name will come bubble to the top for a few weeks any way - but

I am gigging every week with the Axe and need a new monitor --- so if you sold out when is the next shipment due in?

Thanks

-TK

Seems like the next batch will be going out in 6-8 weeks.

So the big question --

sold out/still shipping?

I am gigging every week with the Axe and need a new monitor --- so if you sold out when is the next shipment due in?

Thanks

So the big question --

sold out/still shipping?

Thanks

We are out of stock on the Active Wedges. At the moment, all other CLR Series models are currently in stock.

-TK

Back
Top Bottom