Any word when Axe-Edit with v8 coming?

Gamedojo

Power User
Axe-Edit v1.0317 came out literally the same night as V7 came out which was fantastic.

Just wondering when we might expect the newest axe-edit? Is it going through such an overhaul that we are talking weeks? Just strange that v7 had an update so fast, and v8 has no word.

I'm not complaining. I'd just like to know an ETA or possible story about the availability.

Last edited:
We are in the middle of rewriting Axe-Edit using a new paradigm. In the long run this should make the software much more stable and much faster to update for new firmware releases. In the short-term, however, all our software resources are being dedicated to this.

We are in the middle of rewriting Axe-Edit using a new paradigm. In the long run this should make the software much more stable and much faster to update for new firmware releases. In the short-term, however, all our software resources are being dedicated to this.

That's great news! Thanks again for the glorious tone!

Now that is great news-I have no problem with the front panel-I just like Axe Edit. I can wait now-very cool indeed

Pair-o-dimes are great. How about a maintenance release that makes .317 usable with (7.0)/8.0? Haters feel free to reply at dev.null.com

the lack of axe-edit has really forced me to learn the front panel. Now that I have, for the most part, I'm making my patches faster than ever. For some reason, it's easier to dial in a tone turning a knob rather than looking at a numerical value. I can't wait to be able to use it again, but I'm more than okay waiting for them to get it right!

Btw Cliff, 8.0 is just fantastic. Thank you for all your hard work!

Thanks for the update Cliff. Am sure a lot of forum members were waiting/hoping for this answer. Keep up the good work. I personally use axe edit continuously when tweaking a preset so a new version is exactly what I will wait for before upgrading to v8

the lack of axe-edit has really forced me to learn the front panel. Now that I have, for the most part, I'm making my patches faster than ever. For some reason, it's easier to dial in a tone turning a knob rather than looking at a numerical value. I can't wait to be able to use it again, but I'm more than okay waiting for them to get it right!

Yeah, I think that a lot of us get too used to using a GUI for everything or a nice high resolution touch screen so the idea of pushing buttons and turning knobs while looking at a green screen may seem like it's a bit archaic, but the damn thing works really well. I resisted it way back when I had my Ultra and fortunately I didn't have to use the front panel often, but I did finally break down and got used to it. The only real advantage with AxeEdit is of course the utility type of stuff like backups, updates and importing/exporting. Other than that its all there. And its fast to get around.

If you know how to use AxeEdit; it's basically the same layout once you learn which buttons do what. Spend an afternoon with the front panel and you will have it mastered.

As everyone should because most of us use it at the gig and that's when you need to be able do dial it in fast and on the fly. Always better to know how to drive stick first because then you're prepared for anything.

Agree with you regarding turning the knobs Goat.

To be honest, contrary to my intial concerns, programming the axe II from the front panel is nowhere near as daunting as I thought it'd be !

The only time I miss it is when I need to make a preset fxloop friendly. If it is pretty complicated, wierd pathed, multi cabs etc-it can be a pain to move things with the front panel. Small changes-I prefer the panel. Copying XXX from another preset, panel rocks. Most stuff, not a problem. Just the major grid rework-which I did BEFORE moving to 8. Now I am just stuck trying to narrow down amp choices. Really loving the atomica stuff.

I actually find the front panel easier than AE. Never used AE except for backup and FW updates. Like someone said earlier. Learn to drive stick first . You won't regret it :)

Back
Top Bottom