Any way to physically lock up Axe Fx?

So I am going to be going to college within the next month, and I currently don't have any sort of rack to keep my Axe Fx in. Because dorm theft can be an issue, I don't want to take any chances. Should I leave my Axe FX at home and just use my Pod HD500, or is there some sort of rack that is able to be locked up and secured to a desk or something?

Thanks,

Matthew Shoquist

Taking the POD may be a good idea, or if you don't plan on going beyond the dorm with your guitar maybe a Yamaha THR-10 desktop amp.
Good sounds perfect for practice, like the POD and Axe Fx can be used as a recording interface

Get one of those big bike locks, and put it through one of the handles and secure it to something permanently mounted on the ground. I always thought that it would have been a great idea, if the axe had a indent like what laptops have so you could use a laptop lock when you are playing a club, then you could just lock it to something permant, and you wouldn't have to watch the door constantly for your stuff to vanish.

Some sort of HEAVY cable lock through a handle would be a good start.

When I was in school in the 70's, I was in a student co-op that was a great place to live, but lacked security. I had a rare and valuable polyphonic synth, and I rigged an alarm system with pressure switches. These days, there are much more sophisticated alarm systems at minimal cost; you could install one underneath the Axe, tell no one after the first test, and really make it difficult for someone to invest the time to grab the Axe.

I also have to say – you have an Axe - in school? Dude! Niiiiice.

You can run a bicycle lock through the front handles. Also, there are some interesting alarm devices out there that you can set and they will go off if someone moves them. There's no way to stop someone from stealing it, but you can make them think twice.

Other alternatives - 1) Carry it everywhere you go (it ain't that heavy), 2) cover it in dog crap (I'd rather use a smelly Axe than an HD 500), 3) hire Guido...

arent the handles easily removed? dont take it!!!!!!!!!!!!! come to think of it I brought my 1973 Les Paul to school and merely had it under my bed, phew! Luckily we locked our door and my roomate was such a nerd we didnt have too many crazies in our room. Im sure he thought I was nuts, cranking metal all day (while studying my pre med of course).

Calculate how many months you'll be away from it while at school vs how many months it will take to save up the money to replace it. Leave it home of you have other options. Good problem to have though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insurance? Anything and everything can be stolen if thieves want it bad enough.

Definitely agree with this one. I have a separate policy for my Axe and guitars for full replacement if they get stolen. I had to get all my guitars appraised, as part of the process.

Funny you mention this, because the thought just popped in my head earlier today. The cost per year that I'll pay to insure my guitars and gear while i'm at college will be nothing compared to how devastated I would be if they went missing.

Back
Top Bottom