any way to dim the lights/screen on the ax8?

joesatch

Inspired
too bright for night time couch playing, any means? I've been throwing a towel over it but ventilation issues have me concerned

too bright for night time couch playing, any means? I've been throwing a towel over it but ventilation issues have me concerned

I keep mine covered with a thin cloth all the time while it's out, unless it's on stage. Not for light reduction, but dust protection. There are no fans, and no vents that I can see, so ventilation shouldn't be an issue.

Only if the hardware design already anticipated the requirement.

Not necessarily. I'm not sure what features are available in the TigerSHARC chipset or whether or not there is a separate microcontroller in the AX8 for utility functions, but if a microcontroller was used to controller an LED's ON/OFF state, PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) could be used to controller the intensity of and LED. In which case it would be a software only implementation which could then be controlled by an existing button or via the editor.

... but if a microcontroller was used to controller an LED's ON/OFF state, PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) could be used to controller the intensity of and LED...

Isn't this what my post is expressing ? Why else would one add the capability to have a PWM control the LED backlight if not to be prepared to dim it anticipating a future requirement ?

Isn't this what my post is expressing ? Why else would one add the capability to have a PWM control the LED backlight if not to be prepared to dim it anticipating a future requirement ?

Maybe it wasn't deemed necessary or a priority at the time of development.

Back
Top Bottom