Any way to convert these to work for AX8??

Great work, @Dixiethedog 👍

Another way is to open the presets with FracTool and look at the parameters. FracTool can open any preset and show all settings without connecting the unit.

Yea, but when I learned of Frac-Tool it's not available, so if he doesn't have it, no other choices right?

It's available only to people who deserve it ^^ Search and you shall be served
Haha, I understand. When I read that initially a few months ago , I searched and searched and every link I found to it, showed it was pulled from there, so I gave up. As for being deserving , I'm not sure I am, but I owned the 1st Axe-Fx Standard from the 1st month they were released, and had it for many years, and then got the AX8 when they were new. I don't need to get any of their new products as the AX8 is serving me well

The only thing I deserve today is a slap. Apparently. Everything I have done, touched or looked at has gone pear shape in one way or another. Roll on tomorrow.

I have managed to edit the screenshot/capture pics so you dont see the other pc screen back ground. But even then, it will take an age to do.

Haha, I understand. When I read that initially a few months ago , I searched and searched and every link I found to it, showed it was pulled from there, so I gave up. As for being deserving , I'm not sure I am, but I owned the 1st Axe-Fx Standard from the 1st month they were released, and had it for many years, and then got the AX8 when they were new. I don't need to get any of their new products as the AX8 is serving me well

Win : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool.exe
Mac : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool.pkg

Angry Tyler James Williams GIF by ABC Network

Use at your own risk (it is harmless for looking into the preset parameters, as the OP needs, or if you know what you are doing)

Last edited:
I have managed to edit the screenshot/capture pics so you dont see the other pc screen back ground. But even then, it will take an age to do.
I’d recommend organizing the block images into folders then compressing all the folders and images into a .zip archive. It’ll take a lot less time to upload and download.

The AX8 doesn’t have the same parameters as the current generation so there will be some ker-jiggering to get the sound into the ballpark.

As an FM3 owner I still think that the AX8 is better in a few ways (foot switching...) and still sounds amazing in the right hands so I do hope that all of this leads to some cool Neal Schon inspired sounds for anybody twiddling and tweaking until their hearts are content.
I think that is me done with this. Thank you and good evening. :)

As an FM3 owner I still think that the AX8 is better in a few ways (foot switching...) and still sounds amazing in the right hands so I do hope that all of this leads to some cool Neal Schon inspired sounds for anybody twiddling and tweaking until their hearts are content.
I think that is me done with this. Thank you and good evening. :)
Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!

late to the show, as always. I have the AX8 and the FM9 and as I view It It doesn't make a lot of sense trying migrate between architectures by copying block parameters. It works for delays but pretty much all other blocks simply sound different with the same parameter set, in a lot of cases the parameter set Is completely different so FracTool is just a start to copy the grid layout.

I have an AX8 and an FM3. I understand with firmware updates and all of that that things can change but I still enjoy (how sad am I?) looking at presets to see how people have the settings to get their tones.

Recently I posted somewhere on the forum (FM3?) that I had spotted a video of Gary Moore's Marshall amp that showed his settings. Which included a video link. I knocked up a preset that I enjoy on a daily basis. Nice and simple.

I am now interested in dragging my dusty AX8 out and putting those exact settings into a Marshall amp block to hear if they sound the same as the ones in my FM3? Surely, a Marshall with the bass on (for example) 5, the mids on (again an example) 5, treble on 5... is going to sound pretty much the same as the same amp with the same settings in my FM3?

Would somebody sitting in a bar drinking beer and laughing with their friends notice the difference as either the AX8 or the FM3 blasts into the PA? Probably not. But we would. "Oh, the treble should be at 4.9 and the dynamic control should be turned down 1%..."

I am now interested in dragging my dusty AX8 out and putting those exact settings into a Marshall amp block to hear if they sound the same as the ones in my FM3?
Would somebody sitting in a bar drinking beer and laughing with their friends notice the difference as either the AX8 or the FM3 blasts into the PA? Probably not. But we would. "Oh, the treble should be at 4.9 and the dynamic control should be turned down 1%..."
Do it.

I still have the AX8 and recently gigged with it…just because.

The AX8 still is on many stages around the world. Great piece of gear that still holds its own.

I have an AX8 and an FM3. I understand with firmware updates and all of that that things can change but I still enjoy (how sad am I?) looking at presets to see how people have the settings to get their tones.

Recently I posted somewhere on the forum (FM3?) that I had spotted a video of Gary Moore's Marshall amp that showed his settings. Which included a video link. I knocked up a preset that I enjoy on a daily basis. Nice and simple.

I am now interested in dragging my dusty AX8 out and putting those exact settings into a Marshall amp block to hear if they sound the same as the ones in my FM3? Surely, a Marshall with the bass on (for example) 5, the mids on (again an example) 5, treble on 5... is going to sound pretty much the same as the same amp with the same settings in my FM3?

don't forget real amps, especially the old ones are made of components with huge tolerances (20%). A simple 6dB filter consisting of a resistor and a capacitor can have a drastically different center frequency. Depending on where it sits in the circuit It can have a big impact. Add aging of components to that and you'll understand no two amps are the same. Don't expect the same sound when turning dials into the same position. As always: use your ears, not your eyes.

I'm curious as to what you discover...

Back
Top Bottom