Any VoiceLive 2 users in da hizzy.???

Just got one a few weeks back. It's an awesome song writing and educational tool. Very inspiring.

Question for you VL 2 guys. I'm thinking this might be a good idea for our singer just to add some delays and maybe more later. I'm curious though so that the sound guys don't want to kill us if we can send them a dry signal and wet signal for them to mix in the effects... I see on the back it does say wet/dry for the two outputs. So can you in fact do this?

From the manual:

"OUTPUT
The configures the outputs to be STEREO (default), MONO or DUAL MONO. The STEREO option outputs discrete Left and Right audio material when connected to a stereo monitor or PA system.

In MONO mode, the Left output is the summed mono mix of VoiceLive 2 including effects. The Right output is dry with only Tone applied to the MIC or LINE input signal. This is useful when a live sound engineer wants to control the balance of wet/dry mix at the mix position. In this case, set LEAD MUTE to ON.

In DUAL MONO mode, the effected vocal comes from the left output and effected guitar is produced from the right output. This allows you to have a sound tech control the level balance between wet vocal (vocal with harmonies and effects) and wet guitar."

TT

Last edited:
I've had the 2 since it came out and I love it! Try setting up an expression pedal to it! You can then leave the harmony engaged in your presets, and swell the harmonies in with the expression pedal. Works very well and voices come up very naturally.

From the manual:

"OUTPUT
The configures the outputs to be STEREO (default), MONO or DUAL MONO. The STEREO option outputs discrete Left and Right audio material when connected to a stereo monitor or PA system.

In MONO mode, the Left output is the summed mono mix of VoiceLive 2 including effects. The Right output is dry with only Tone applied to the MIC or LINE input signal. This is useful when a live sound engineer wants to control the balance of wet/dry mix at the mix position. In this case, set LEAD MUTE to ON.

In DUAL MONO mode, the effected vocal comes from the left output and effected guitar is produced from the right output. This allows you to have a sound tech control the level balance between wet vocal (vocal with harmonies and effects) and wet guitar."

TT
Thanks so much! Might just have to purchase one!

They really are neat. The only real drawback is if you try to use it on a really noisy stage. That can cause false triggering, etc. Using a hyper or super cardioid mic helps a lot to tame that (telling the others to use reasonable volume helps as well!:)

Curious about any other VL users here -- what mic(s) do you use? I've been using an EV N/D 767a.

TT

I use a shure 87 and a crown c 300 headset, both work great. been using it for a couple of years. would miss it if i didnt have one. the trick is to not have harmony on when you are not using it. it can put out some wierdness. i use a squish pedal to engage harmonies. i dont use the autotune at all

Back
Top Bottom