Any VoiceLive 2 users in da hizzy.???

GuitarDojo

I got the VL2 last year but did not bring it out until I started taking some of the lead vocals for my worship band. I got to say that this thing is sweet right outta the box. Any users out there got some VL2 love or hate to share?

I use one for singing bkg vocals.

Mine is the older model where I needed to buy the separate pedal that will analyze what I'm playing on guitar and then control the voice live in real time using midi. So if it's a chord preset, the voice live will change chords along with what I'm playing.

I dig it for background vocals.

- Richard

I´m the main singer and I use it for my backing vocals all the time.
I love it!
The VL2 tracks so fast and accurate it´s wicked.
I use my guitar as a carrier signal, the VL2 does the rest.
And it´s a fine general vocal processor, too.

I'm not lead vocalist in my band.. but do sing a few. Mostly backing vox.
I have the smaller (cheaper) Harmony "G". Bought it to add depth to the backing vocals. Sounds great - when singing lead and it adds harmonies based on guitar pitch. However, when singing the harmony line, it does not work well (out of the box) for adding additional harmonies. It can be tweaked to work, but then it becomes very SPECIFIC to a song. Not generic settings anymore.

For the "solo" acoustic act - PRICELESS!!
For the backup singer wanting to add 2nd and 3rd part harmonies... not so good.

Considering stepping up to the VL2, but I believe it has same issue/challenges for backing vox.

I have the smaller (cheaper) Harmony "G". Bought it to add depth to the backing vocals. Sounds great - when singing lead and it adds harmonies based on guitar pitch. However, when singing the harmony line, it does not work well (out of the box) for adding additional harmonies. It can be tweaked to work, but then it becomes very SPECIFIC to a song. Not generic settings anymore.

Considering stepping up to the VL2, but I believe it has same issue/challenges for backing vox.

I sing bkg vox and use it to harmonize with me. But I use chord presets only when I'm singing bkg vox and I've got it set to follow my guitar playing so it's not song specific.

So depending on what harmony note I sing, the Voice Live will sing the other notes of the chord I'm playing as per the chord preset.

- Richard

Just used it last night. I like not having to set the keys as it auto detects with my guitar plugged into it. I ran it thru and into the axe-fx. I used a stock preset called "3rd up " and "pop duo". Along with my back up singers. it sounded superb. I also used it to show my wife/bkup singer :) what part to sing, so a great teaching tool also.
My problem is having to turn it on and off. I will be using it for backup today.

Last edited:
Just used it last night. I like not having to set the keys as it auto detects with my guitar plugged into it. I ran it thru and into the axe-fx. I used a stock preset called "3rd up " and "pop duo". Along with my back up singers. it sounded superb. I also used it to show my wife/bkup singer :) what part to sing, so a great teaching tool also.
My problem is having to turn it on and off. I will be using it for backup today.

I have mine setup to bypass harmonies and efx with the lower right footswitch.

- Richard

i also have the G-Harmony. its SURPRISINGLY good, if used VERY judiciously.

if you have 3 good singers in your band this is the sprinkles on top!

If nothing else its not bad to have your own mic pre nearby with a comp and little verb:)

i also have the G-Harmony. its SURPRISINGLY good, if used VERY judiciously.

if you have 3 good singers in your band this is the sprinkles on top!

If nothing else its not bad to have your own mic pre nearby with a comp and little verb:)

Yep with a dodgy sound person, having your vocal ready to go is nice. Also I use half of the stereo out for a stage split for "more me" monitor mixing.

- Richard

I have mine setup to bypass harmonies and efx with the lower right footswitch.

- Richard

I keep the delay and verb on always and harmonies bypassed when not needed. Getting used to some of the little toe dances. Its just patting your head and rubbing your tummy in circles.. Or is it rubbing your head and patting your tummy? :)

It is funny how in the heat of battle, just stepping on one or two switches while singing and playing can feel like a handle.

I wonder if its a left brain - right brain thing?

- Richard

I have the Harmony-G XT, and it works like a charm, I love it. There are some impressive Voicelive 2 videos on youtube... I'd buy it but then I wouldn't be able to afford the MFC...

I have the Harmony-G XT, and it works like a charm, I love it. There are some impressive Voicelive 2 videos on youtube... I'd buy it but then I wouldn't be able to afford the MFC...

VL2 and the MFC next to each other makes my bass player feel less important! :)

It is kind of a beast.

I've got the Voice Live and Harmony G on my pedal train pro board, with an integrated mic stand. I keep the MFC on the floor to the left.

- Richard

I am curious about the new microphone from TC-Helicon. MP-75, it wouldnt matter to me to have a switch on the mic since I have my hands full of guitar but I can see where a lead singer can use it. I wonder if it is a "quality" mic.

Using a Sennheiser 845E right now. Its an ok mic, a lot better than what the others are using in my band. I am afraid to break out my Audix VX-10 (My old reliable) but things tend to get borrowed without permission in my current environment. :)

Back
Top Bottom