Any users have experiences with external patch switching?

hunter

Experienced
I plan to have my patches remotely switched by our keyboarder's sequencer, and as well receive midi clock for delay times.

Plan is to connect the in of my Ground control, so I can see the switching and current state on the floor and can also change it in case I want to. If it works I can just go mad with my wireless and jump around the stage without bothering about having to control the rig all the time.

Anything special I need to keep in mind?

Should the switching happen exactly on the "1" of e.g. the chorus or a few ticks earlier?

Any experiences/recommendations welcome.

hunter said:
I plan to have my patches remotely switched by our keyboarder's sequencer, and as well receive midi clock for delay times.

Plan is to connect the in of my Ground control, so I can see the switching and current state on the floor and can also change it in case I want to. If it works I can just go mad with my wireless and jump around the stage without bothering about having to control the rig all the time.

Should the switching happen exactly on the "1" of e.g. the chorus or a few ticks earlier?

If you are hooking up the sequencer MIDI out to the ground control be sure to set accept progam changes to on.

I don't think you will be able to do MIDI clock this way because the ground control will not pass the MIDI data thru the ground control pro.

javajunkie said:
hunter said:

If you are hooking up the sequencer MIDI out to the ground control be sure to set accept progam changes to on.

I don't think you will be able to do MIDI clock this way because the ground control will not pass the MIDI data thru the ground control pro.

Ah good point there. Would there be any way I could get clock to the Axe and patch changes to both, the Axe and the GCP? I suppose plugging the Keyboarder in the Axe and then going from there Midi/Through to the GCP would solve that, right?

hunter said:
javajunkie said:
hunter said:

Ah good point there. Would there be any way I could get clock to the Axe and patch changes to both, the Axe and the GCP? I suppose plugging the Keyboarder in the Axe and then going from there Midi/Through to the GCP would solve that, right?

Yes, but you wouldn't be able to change the state of the effects on the GCP.

You probably would just want to use a MIDI splitter (one to the Axe-fx, the other to the GCP), but again the GCP wouldn't be able to send anything to the Axe-fx.

javajunkie said:

You probably would just want to use a MIDI splitter (one to the Axe-fx, the other to the GCP), but again the GCP wouldn't be able to send anything to the Axe-fx.

Was just thinking, I could also send controllers in a clean 4/4 sequence to set the midi clock per simulated tap tempo. Then I could go for the first wiring option.

hunter said:
javajunkie said:

Was just thinking, I could also send controllers in a clean 4/4 sequence to set the midi clock per simulated tap tempo. Then I could go for the first wiring option.

Unless the GP pro can send it on or respond to CCs, I don't think that is possible. I don't think the ground control pro can do either. It is a pretty basic controller.

Back
Top Bottom