Any screenshots of Delays please?

rich_b

I just got a FX8 Mark II and it's been awhile since I used anything Fractal but now I'm back...
I'm looking to create a nice delay patch for the soloing I do and since I'm more of a heavy melodic player I'm particular in delay times/repeats so with that said does anyone have a screenshot of a cool delay for me??
Thanks!
Richb

I used photobucket to host photos for forums, that might work. Congrats on the FX8 Mark II! Running it with a JP-2C right?! Don't think I didn't notice that silverburst JP in your photo haha.

Thanks didn't notice the upload file option.
Yes I'm running it with a JP-2C head and a mesa 2x12 cab.
Also a JP Wah (which is scary) also I'm about to opt for a fractal EV-1 expression.
Pretty much done for a tight live rig.

image.jpeg

Help us help you. You say you have particular needs for delay times and repeats, but you don't tell us what those needs are. Makes it hard to know what would qualify as "cool."

Hi I should have been specific.
I'm looking for something like a trail but not to long for slower passages.
Think Joe Satriani.
I always like the duel delays.
But any suggestions are welcomed of course.
Thanks.

You can turn any of the delays into a dual delay. In FX8 Edit, click on the <Config> page and select <Dual Delay>. Then on the <Time/FB> page, set Pan L and R to '0.0'. I have found the combination of '1/4' and '1/4 Trip' tempos to work best for what you're describing. Similar to what Eric Johnson and Andy Timmons uses as well. Dual Delay.png Delay Pan.png

I'm looking for something like a trail but not to long for slower passages.
Delay trails are all about feedback. Pick the delay of your choice, and adjust the Feedback parameter until you get the trails that sound best to your ear.

You can turn any of the delays into a dual delay. In FX8 Edit, click on the <Config> page and select <Dual Delay>. Then on the <Time/FB> page, set Pan L and R to '0.0'. I have found the combination of '1/4' and '1/4 Trip' tempos to work best for what you're describing. Similar to what Eric Johnson and Andy Timmons uses as well. View attachment 33518 View attachment 33519
Thank you for that shot, I think it's gonna be very helpful!
Richb

Back
Top Bottom