Any other band's like King's X?

King's X is playing a couple hours from me tomorrow night - thinking about going. I've never seen them live.

A couple hours is a long drive for a show. As a Texan I've seen them more times than I can remember going all the way back to when Faith Hope Love was first released and it's always been a good show, but last time was probably over a decade ago prior to their recent hiatus. Favorite part of the show which they were doing near every show back then is dUg essentially turning the venue into a church during Over My Head, and I say this as someone who isn't religious, he preached the power of love and spirituality of music and the energy in the room leading the crowd in singing as the band droped out was intense.

King's X is playing a couple hours from me tomorrow night - thinking about going. I've never seen them live.
Totally worth it if you've never experienced the crowd-sung "Goldilox". I was at the show in Atlanta when that tradition started when the PA blew out and they finished the show acoustically.

A couple hours is a long drive for a show. As a Texan I've seen them more times than I can remember going all the way back to when Faith Hope Love was first released and it's always been a good show, but last time was probably over a decade ago prior to their recent hiatus. Favorite part of the show which they were doing near every show back then is dUg essentially turning the venue into a church during Over My Head, and I say this as someone who isn't religious, he preached the power of love and spirituality of music and the energy in the room leading the crowd in singing as the band droped out was intense.
I'm not religious either but that song gets me every time!

I can imagine it's very powerful live :)

Gotta disagree there, personally their best stuff for me is the recent stuff
YMMV
Could be just what hit me first? I felt like the song hooks were way more immediate and there were some balls to the songwriting. Thornley's talent is beyond reproach really no matter what era you are looking at.

Could be just what hit me first? I felt like the song hooks were way more immediate and there were some balls to the songwriting. Thornley's talent is beyond reproach really no matter what era you are looking at.

Albatross for me.

I like their more current work too, but the stretched chorus melodies start to get on my nerves.

Reactions: JTI
Man, long time fan, seen countless times. They are far from their prime now, so 2 hours would be a no go for me. Hell i've missed them less than 30 mins away as of late. I prefer to keep my memories of them slaying.

Back
Top Bottom