Any NEW Fractal Products coming out? Fm4, FM5, FM5 Turbo?

You have to take him with a grain of salt.
He doesn't have much of a filter and I think he just "fires from the hip at times".
Some of his stuff is really pretty funny. He posted this masterpiece in another thread in response to a well known member wanting FAS to sell in big box stores. I still crack up reading it now:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/eventide-h90-fractal-where-are-you.190580/post-2372159
I clapped out loud by myself at my desk after reading that post for the first time. Absolutely first class wit.

Thx to FCS and GitGuy.
To be perfectly honest when I come to the forum I have had a long-standing habit of looking specifically for what you two have to say first-
I have always appreciated your genuine enthusiasm, manners and willingness to help others.
✌🏻

Jipps I was %100 joking with you-
It was just a dumb play on a joke around here about always asking for more but never actually buying anything from Fractal because we are always worried that there might be a new platform or Turbo version in the works.
We certainly could see an FC-3 eventually to control an FM-0 type device-
if going ultra-compact and keeping an expensive AmpModeler off the floor is what this is all going to be about.
Many people can afford to keep an FM9 on the floor and replace it as needed while having their old FM3/9 as a back-up.
and man does a brand new FM9 look fucking seriously stunning under the lights- find me a sane guitar player who wouldn’t want one.

The FC-6 is probably the sweet spot for most under most circumstances I would think- even if an FC-3 or whatever else happens to come along.
I’m about finally ready for an upgrade to one myself since having zero issues with the FM3’s reliability and determining for sure that Fractal is the way to go for me-
mostly due to the fact that the ongoing Firmware Updates have transformed the FM3 into something that to me and even to my tone deaf buddies who actually noticed-
bears little resemblance to the way it initially played and sounded out of the box a few years ago- which was really good for most things to begin with but I struggled quite a bit at first competing with real amps in the same room.
So I gave-up for a while bringing it to Jam night but then one day I realized it sounded ready all of a sudden and tried again and it was perfect.
Now everyone wants their turn because of course the playability and FX are insane and even wrong notes sound good so they play and sound amazing thru it.

Have a great week Gents.
It’s all good man. What’s funny is in person, my favorite thing to do is busting chops of my friends and letting them bust my balls too. But over text or forum with complete strangers it can be really easy to misinterpret joking or sarcasm, at least for me. Cheers and enjoy your Sunday !

Thx to FCS and GitGuy.
To be perfectly honest when I come to the forum I have had a long-standing habit of looking specifically for what you two have to say first-
I have always appreciated your genuine enthusiasm, manners and willingness to help others.
✌🏻

Jipps I was %100 joking with you-
It was just a dumb play on a joke around here about always asking for more but never actually buying anything from Fractal because we are always worried that there might be a new platform or Turbo version in the works.
We certainly could see an FC-3 eventually to control an FM-0 type device-
if going ultra-compact and keeping an expensive AmpModeler off the floor is what this is all going to be about.
Many people can afford to keep an FM9 on the floor and replace it as needed while having their old FM3/9 as a back-up.
and man does a brand new FM9 look fucking seriously stunning under the lights- find me a sane guitar player who wouldn’t want one.

The FC-6 is probably the sweet spot for most under most circumstances I would think- even if an FC-3 or whatever else happens to come along.
I’m about finally ready for an upgrade to one myself since having zero issues with the FM3’s reliability and determining for sure that Fractal is the way to go for me-
mostly due to the fact that the ongoing Firmware Updates have transformed the FM3 into something that to me and even to my tone deaf buddies who actually noticed-
bears little resemblance to the way it initially played and sounded out of the box a few years ago- which was really good for most things to begin with but I struggled quite a bit at first competing with real amps in the same room.
So I gave-up for a while bringing it to Jam night but then one day I realized it sounded ready all of a sudden and tried again and it was perfect.
Now everyone wants their turn because of course the playability and FX are insane and even wrong notes sound good so they play and sound amazing thru it.

Have a great week Gents.
Thank you very much for the compliment. I have come to understand where you’re coming from and to take it lightly. Also as @fcs101 has said your words of wisdom can be quite entertaining.😆 Plus I would rather have a person say what they believe and believe what they say than to be all “agreeable” and not say much of anything. I sometimes can fall into that trap and usually end up annoyed at myself. Because It’s not like discussions never take a turn to the absurd now and then.🤪 So continue to comment because besides the colorful speech I have learned something from you along the way.👍

To you and everyone have a good week too!! …oh and someone who keeps their forum avatar a pic of the great Tony Iommi has got to be cool in my book.🤘😎 Didn’t want to leave out RJ Dio either. I’m pretty sure that’s him.

Title says it... at tihs point I guess a FM9 is in my future if I ever get the email, or if I buy another Fm3 which I doubt stepping back...
An AxeFx plugin would be great. I get the argument that it would just be pirated, but Line 6 has Helix Native and it’s not stopping them. IMO, plugins are the future and negate the need for very expensive hardware. All you need is a laptop with a decent CPU and an interface.

An AxeFx plugin would be great. I get the argument that it would just be pirated, but Line 6 has Helix Native and it’s not stopping them. IMO, plugins are the future and negate the need for very expensive hardware. All you need is a laptop with a decent CPU and an interface.
So....I'd actually have to carry more hardware than I do now then not have any footswitches? No, I don't think plugins are the future.

Are a laptop and interface not hardware?
+1
So....I'd actually have to carry more hardware than I do now then not have any footswitches? No, I don't think plugins are the future.
^^^This too

I would be sweating bullets wondering when Windows (or even Mac, but less so) would crash. Also, I have yet to find an interface that seems to handle a high impedance single properly. There are probably better that I haven’t tried. Even though the FM3 doesn’t have the same input variables of the Axe FXIII it has the “secret sauce” and one of the things I have always considered makes it stand out over a PC based setup. I guess I have always considered certain music devices to be better as stand alone.

There is definitely room for PC’s in live performance and I wouldn’t reject guitar modeling plugins as an option, but I could see it as a more expensive proposition than one might think at first. Especially if you want to also use soft synths and other virtual instruments from the same PC. I wouldn’t trust anything, but an expensive dedicated super machine. Then I would want another expensive super machine as a home DAW. I’ll take the FM3, a guitar cable and even just headphones and have a very useful unit.

+1

^^^This too

I would be sweating bullets wondering when Windows (or even Mac, but less so) would crash. Also, I have yet to find an interface that seems to handle a high impedance single properly. There are probably better that I haven’t tried. Even though the FM3 doesn’t have the same input variables of the Axe FXIII it has the “secret sauce” and one of the things I have always considered makes it stand out over a PC based setup. I guess I have always considered certain music devices to be better as stand alone.

There is definitely room for PC’s in live performance and I wouldn’t reject guitar modeling plugins as an option, but I could see it as a more expensive proposition than one might think at first. Especially if you want to also use soft synths and other virtual instruments from the same PC. I wouldn’t trust anything, but an expensive dedicated super machine. Then I would want another expensive super machine as a home DAW. I’ll take the FM3, a guitar cable and even just headphones and have a very useful unit.
I would definitely sweat computer problems with either a Mac or a PC. For a Mac I would worry about any software update invalidating an already installed app. I've had it happen. Execute an update and suddenly an app's icon now has the circle and bar superimposed over the icon meaning it's no longer supported. Would it be sorted out? Probably, but at what inconvenience?

With Windows I'd worry about viruses and crashes in a live setting. Yes, before anyone objects to that, I currently use both platforms and the Mac is much more reliable despite being 5+ years old.

Thank you very much for the compliment. I have come to understand where you’re coming from and to take it lightly. Also as @fcs101 has said your words of wisdom can be quite entertaining.😆 Plus I would rather have a person say what they believe and believe what they say than to be all “agreeable” and not say much of anything. I sometimes can fall into that trap and usually end up annoyed at myself. Because It’s not like discussions never take a turn to the absurd now and then.🤪 So continue to comment because besides the colorful speech I have learned something from you along the way.👍

To you and everyone have a good week too!! …oh and someone who keeps their forum avatar a pic of the great Tony Iommi has got to be cool in my book.🤘😎 Didn’t want to leave out RJ Dio either. I’m pretty sure that’s him.

Thanks again for the forgive and forget and don’t think when I’m here I don’t read every word and mostly agree with what you and FCS have to say just because I don’t press like.
I often don’t hit like because I wouldn’t want anyone to feel obligated to respond in kind to my non-sense when my hypocritical, contradictory and condescending side gets the better of me.

Anyway enough of all that.
Later Guys.

iu

Back
Top Bottom