Any NEW Fractal Products coming out? Fm4, FM5, FM5 Turbo?

I would think the most logical new products would be an FM3 MK II - it will have the larger scribble strips like the newer FC 12 MK II.
and The FM9 Turbo MK II - again with the larger scribble strips.

Or maybe just Limited Edition versions of all current products in Pink?? With matching FC Controllers in Pink as well?
Yes that's what I think too. They already have the parts in stock, so production costs wise, it should be the clever thing to do. On the Fractal Audio Wiki, it says the the boards beneath the switches are made by group of 3 switches (FM3, FC6, FM9, FC12) for 2 models of enclosures....so I don't think to see FM5 anytime soon. Fewer numbers of different parts means faster assembly line. With all the fuss with waiting lists... I doubt that they are going that path.

Having both FM9 and the FC12 MKII at home, I mainly only use the Master Layout Menu on the FM9's switches and all the rest of the FC12 because it's much easier to read with those larger mini displays. If FAS decided to launch the FM9 MKII with a larger display, I'd jump on it immediately.

The way the foot switches work on Fractal devices, are in group of threes, so that's why you have FM3, FM9, the 6 and 12 foot switches.
So forget about FM4 and FM5, the only thing that could be is an FM6 ;)

The way the foot switches work on Fractal devices, are in group of threes, so that's why you have FM3, FM9, the 6 and 12 foot switches.
So forget about FM4 and FM5, the only thing that could be is an FM6 ;)
Hey Rull-
hopes all is good.
I realize it’s early AM and not a great time for a strange question-
but I am a bit confused as to which of the two enclosures you previously mentioned would possibly house an FM6.
Im guessing it would be in the same enclosure as the FM9 and similar to that unit but with 3 less foot switches to accommodate the larger Scribbles and maybe an integrated expression pedal🤮.
Personally I would prefer a smokeless cigar ashtray and a drink chiller instead of more foot-switches because I’m never leaving an $1800 modeler on the floor and stepping on it anyway.
Thats what the FC’s with the larger scribbles is for-
not that I have one yet I’m waiting for the FC 6 EXP.

I realize you were only guessing but I just don’t see an FM 6 being the next product regardless of this FM Rule Of Threes.
I think an FM6 is about as likely as an FM12 if you know what I mean.
Take care man.

Last edited:
Hey Rull-
hopes all is good.
I realize it’s early AM and not a great time for a strange question-
but I am a bit confused as to which of the two enclosures you previously mentioned would possibly house an FM6.
Im guessing it would be in the same enclosure as the FM9 and similar to that unit but with 3 less foot switches to accommodate the larger Scribbles and maybe an integrated expression pedal🤮.
Personally I would prefer a smokeless cigar ashtray and a drink chiller instead of more foot-switches because I’m never leaving a $1000-$2000 modeler on the floor and stepping on it anyway.
Thats what the FC’s with the larger scribbles is for-
not that I have one yet I’m waiting for the FC 6 EXP.

I realize you were only guessing but I just don’t see an FM 6 being the next product regardless of this FM Rule Of Threes.
I think an FM6 is about as likely as an FM12 if you know what I mean.
Take care man.
I meant that it would be the only footswitches combination still missing with the 12 you mentioned too, I don't think they will ever do an FM6 or FM12 for the same reasons.

It would make much more sense an "FM0" in various computational capabilities, at least 3:
1) Comparable to FM3 with 1 Faslink connector
2) Comparable to FM9 with 2 Faslink connectors
3) Comparable to AXE FXIII MKII Turbo with 2 or 3 Faslink connectors

So that you can buy separately some kind of FC6 or FC12 but with a guitar input connector too.

It’s gotta be. ✌🏻
Don’t know about the FM name tho-
prob re-name it.

(FM) Floor Model 3/9

(FM) Fractal MultiFx 0.

Calling it Floor Model 0 might be getting a bit too tricky-
Maybe worse than calling it AXE FX 0.
Either way I’ll keep my 3 buttons even though I don’t step on them.
🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
It’s gotta be. ✌🏻
Don’t know about the FM name tho-
prob re-name it.

(FM) Floor Model 3/9

(FM) Fractal MultiFx 0.

Calling it Floor Model 0 might be getting a bit too tricky-
Maybe worse than calling it AXE FX 0.
Either way I’ll keep my 3 buttons even though I don’t step on them.
🤦‍♀️
Maybe Fractal Axe Core, Fractal Axe Core Plus, Fractal Axe Core Ultra :D

I meant that it would be the only footswitches combination still missing with the 12 you mentioned too, I don't think they will ever do an FM6 or FM12 for the same reasons.

It would make much more sense an "FM0" in various computational capabilities, at least 3:
1) Comparable to FM3 with 1 Faslink connector
2) Comparable to FM9 with 2 Faslink connectors
3) Comparable to AXE FXIII MKII Turbo with 2 or 3 Faslink connectors

So that you can buy separately some kind of FC6 or FC12 but with a guitar input connector too.
I don't think this would work for a variety of reasons:
  • Analog Devices vs TI architecture. Axe-Fx 3 requires more hardware around it which means it's not as easy to make very compact.
  • Varying amounts of I/O. While I am sure there would be people who would be fine with an Axe-Fx 3 with less inputs/outputs or only 1/4" outs, the extra I/O is also part of the concept.
  • More devices to maintain.
If Fractal were to make such a device, the easiest would be just cramming the FM9 processing into a box without footswitches. It's the sweet spot horsepower for most users willing to buy such a unit.

I don't really see it happening for this generation though. Maybe next gen FAS could have a "one compact unit to rule them all"?

In light of Strymons Goofy new pedal today "cloudburst" I am continually pushed back toward Fractal.

If only the Fm9 was being pumped out of the factory.

Last edited:
Hadn't heard of the Cloudburst until you posted. Just watched Anderton's vid of it.

IDK, seems pretty cool, but very niche. I wouldn't call it goofy, but it's definitely geared toward the ambient thing. I can bet they'll sell a ton to P&W guys using pedal boards.

FM3 already has some really great factory presets that do the ambient thing and I'm sure you could squeeze even more out of it.

I think you can give up on hoping to buy FAS at a Guitar Center or Sweetwater anytime soon though.

Your insight is legion as usual.
So a random Goofy Strymon pedal you do not own is pushing you back toward a Fractal device you do not own.
But that’s only because the factory ain’t pumping ‘‘em out fast enough?
I would prefer to see you continually pushed back toward a Cliff if you don’t buy something soon.

Why would they reveal their future projects in an open forum? Wouldn’t that be something their much bigger competitors would want to know? Unless FAS specifically states something it is worthless conjecture for anyone else to say.

That said, I'm going for the Axe-FX AI, which can walk to the stage without assistance, then we strap our guitar onto it, it clubs us on the head, and, in the last seconds, melds with our mind then performs the show for us.
People would still complain that they have to strap their guitars into it.

Last edited:
Jipps- don’t start your shit.
What in the name of all that is holy does an FC-3 have to do with anything that we could possibly hope to see from them in this life time.
Like who besides you is asking for an FM3 without the Amp Modeling and FX ???

I have been watching way too many vids of guys havin a blast stacking dual amps and cabs and it mostly sounds killer.
I’ve always kind understood why its the way to go if possible-
but it’s not like it’s creatively limiting in some hopeless way to only have one amp block.

The FM3 is an instant classic and perfection for $900.
It’s like their Zeppelin IV-
Still great stuff to come most likely but also a good chance the commercial peak has been hit.

Jipps- don’t start your shit.
What in the name of all that is holy does an FC-3 have to do with anything that we could possibly hope to see from them in this life time.
Like who besides you is asking for an FM3 without the Amp Modeling and FX ???

I have been watching way too many vids of guys havin a blast stacking dual amps and cabs and it mostly sounds killer.
I’ve always kind understood why its the way to go if possible-
but it’s not like it’s creatively limiting in some hopeless way to only have one amp block.

The FM3 is an instant classic and perfection for $900.
It’s like their Zeppelin IV-
Still great stuff to come most likely but also a good chance the commercial peak has been hit.
What’s with the drama? This is an open thread to share ideas. I personally know of a few fm9 owners who would purchase a FC-3.

What’s with the drama? This is an open thread to share ideas. I personally know of a few fm9 owners who would purchase a FC-3.
You have to take him with a grain of salt.
He doesn't have much of a filter and I think he just "fires from the hip at times".
Some of his stuff is really pretty funny. He posted this masterpiece in another thread in response to a well known member wanting FAS to sell in big box stores. I still crack up reading it now:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/eventide-h90-fractal-where-are-you.190580/post-2372159

Thx to FCS and GitGuy.
To be perfectly honest when I come to the forum I have had a long-standing habit of looking specifically for what you two have to say first-
I have always appreciated your genuine enthusiasm, manners and willingness to help others.
✌🏻

Jipps I was %100 joking with you-
It was just a dumb play on a joke around here about always asking for more but never actually buying anything from Fractal because we are always worried that there might be a new platform or Turbo version in the works.
We certainly could see an FC-3 eventually to control an FM-0 type device-
if going ultra-compact and keeping an expensive AmpModeler off the floor is what this is all going to be about.
Many people can afford to keep an FM9 on the floor and replace it as needed while having their old FM3/9 as a back-up.
and man does a brand new FM9 look fucking seriously stunning under the lights- find me a sane guitar player who wouldn’t want one.

The FC-6 is probably the sweet spot for most under most circumstances I would think- even if an FC-3 or whatever else happens to come along.
I’m about finally ready for an upgrade to one myself since having zero issues with the FM3’s reliability and determining for sure that Fractal is the way to go for me-
mostly due to the fact that the ongoing Firmware Updates have transformed the FM3 into something that to me and even to my tone deaf buddies who actually noticed-
bears little resemblance to the way it initially played and sounded out of the box a few years ago- which was really good for most things to begin with but I struggled quite a bit at first competing with real amps in the same room.
So I gave-up for a while bringing it to Jam night but then one day I realized it sounded ready all of a sudden and tried again and it was perfect.
Now everyone wants their turn because of course the playability and FX are insane and even wrong notes sound good so they play and sound amazing thru it.

Have a great week Gents.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom