Any MIDI Pedals that support AX8 style Hold and Page functionality?

GreatGreen

Power User
Part of the reason the AX8 is so appealing to me is because of the incredibly well designed midi functionality. You have eight normal switches that have both tap and hold functionality, and three function switches that also have tap and hold functionality that change the function of all eight normal switches even further, either temporarily or until the F switch is pressed again. I love this.

Are there any other MIDI pedals out there with that sort of functionality as well? I love the idea of pressing a switch for IA on/off, holding it for X/Y swapping, and hitting a function switch then regular switch for scene selection, but the MFC-101 doesn't do that.

BJ Devices TB-12 and TB-5 able to send any CC by the repeated push on the active preset button. It mostly used for tap-tempo, but user can assign any other function on it. Also CC sends on button hold, it used for tuner on/off, but user able to assign any CC number

Last edited:
Can the Morningstar MC6 do it?

http://www.morningstarfx.com/

Yes, you can split the 8 midimsgs per preset into 2 blocks with the "Conditional" midi type, and then send the first block when switch is released and/or second block when switch is held down. This type allows you to send different midi types like CC, PC or note.

Alternatively, there's the simpler CC Toggle msg type where you can just send a CC message on switch release and another CC mesaage on switch held down. You can stack this, so if you have 4 midi messages set to "CC Hold", it'll send 4 and 4

Back
Top Bottom