Any leads on sound activated lights or VU meters like these for example?

hussamd

Power User
I have been looking hard for lights that are not just activated on/off to music but also vary the intensity. For example here is something similar but not available in the USA.

Back in the 80s a friend of mine made one relatively easily but cannot get hold of him or the design. Perhaps I am not searching for the proper terms.

I would appreciate if any one would point out similar products they have come across.

:lol Probably, I could see this type of deal for a DJ setting but for a home studio for me it would bug after a wile.

:lol Probably, I could see this type of deal for a DJ setting but for a home studio for me it would bug after a wile.
Are you kidding? That crap was dancing on my last nerve after 30 seconds. After all..........isn't that the primary reason they shut down all the DISCO bars and made them illegal? :p

I did not consider the annoyance factor. I thought it would be neat to have it light up while jamming.

I used to build them with my father. In the 80's they were called 'color organs'. Trying searching google for that phrase.

Thanks Shotgunn. I will search that. I did find something similar using IR Music LED device driving RGB LEDs. Looks promising. It only flickers though and can be used for accent lighting with a remote.

Back
Top Bottom