• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Any interest for a free Bluetooth MIDI adapter for gen2 and 3?

AlGrenadine

Legend!
Vendor
I'm about to get a little project working : plug it in the usb of your ax8/fx8/axefx2/axefx3 and get access to wireless editing from iOS or Android
Some of you may think it already exists. Well, it does but doesn't work universally on every fasDevice : UD-BT01 only works on ax8 /fx8 and md-bt01 only on axefx's...
The big problem is it uses din5 midi ports and is very slow...
My goal is to have a simple USB only solution for all fasDevices, faster than existing solutions .

It would be a donationware installable on RPi. Or it could be pre-installed RPis sold, what would you prefer ?

For the AX8 I'd be into this. I can't think of a time I'd use this for the III -- I'm using USB with the III I'm also routing its audio. Maybe I'm missing an application scenario though?

Sure I'm up for a project and maybe learn something new along the way. I guess this has to do with that BT hardware you mentioned a week or so ago.

Fair warning Mac hardware. lol

Just realised I didn't answer your question, preference for pre-installed - but more than happy to roll up my sleeves and do it myself, fully able to - just lazy!

Just realised I didn't answer your question, preference for pre-installed - but more than happy to roll up my sleeves and do it myself, fully able to - just lazy!
Even if it costs a little more than the hardware ? Shipping costs etc. .

Even if it costs a little more than the hardware ? Shipping costs etc. .

For me - yes, let's say 100Euro for hardware (and I have to install everything) vs 140Euro pre installed - and I plug and play, I'd pay that

If I'm buying something to make playing guitar easier, I want that - I work with computers all day ;)

So the big question is would this eliminate the need to use Midimittr when using FracPad. I found the project. Under $100 for the Raspberry + case + power supply + software and your time to program it and ship it seems fair.

So the big question is would this eliminate the need to use Midimittr when using FracPad. I found the project. Under $100 for the Raspberry + case + power supply + software and your time to program it and ship it seems fair.
No it wouldnt. The big problem for now is it creates a midi loop. Otherwise it works.
The project you found is incomplete, i had to modify it, that's why i removed it ;)

Back
Top Bottom