Any interest for a free Bluetooth MIDI adapter for gen2 and 3?

AlGrenadine

Legend!
Vendor
I'm about to get a little project working : plug it in the usb of your ax8/fx8/axefx2/axefx3 and get access to wireless editing from iOS or Android
Some of you may think it already exists. Well, it does but doesn't work universally on every fasDevice : UD-BT01 only works on ax8 /fx8 and md-bt01 only on axefx's...
The big problem is it uses din5 midi ports and is very slow...
My goal is to have a simple USB only solution for all fasDevices, faster than existing solutions .

It would be a donationware installable on RPi. Or it could be pre-installed RPis sold, what would you prefer ?

For the AX8 I'd be into this. I can't think of a time I'd use this for the III -- I'm using USB with the III I'm also routing its audio. Maybe I'm missing an application scenario though?

Sure I'm up for a project and maybe learn something new along the way. I guess this has to do with that BT hardware you mentioned a week or so ago.

Fair warning Mac hardware. lol

Just realised I didn't answer your question, preference for pre-installed - but more than happy to roll up my sleeves and do it myself, fully able to - just lazy!

Just realised I didn't answer your question, preference for pre-installed - but more than happy to roll up my sleeves and do it myself, fully able to - just lazy!
Even if it costs a little more than the hardware ? Shipping costs etc. .

Even if it costs a little more than the hardware ? Shipping costs etc. .

For me - yes, let's say 100Euro for hardware (and I have to install everything) vs 140Euro pre installed - and I plug and play, I'd pay that

If I'm buying something to make playing guitar easier, I want that - I work with computers all day ;)

So the big question is would this eliminate the need to use Midimittr when using FracPad. I found the project. Under $100 for the Raspberry + case + power supply + software and your time to program it and ship it seems fair.

So the big question is would this eliminate the need to use Midimittr when using FracPad. I found the project. Under $100 for the Raspberry + case + power supply + software and your time to program it and ship it seems fair.
No it wouldnt. The big problem for now is it creates a midi loop. Otherwise it works.
The project you found is incomplete, i had to modify it, that's why i removed it ;)

Back
Top Bottom