Any ideas on Boss OC3-like Octaver modelling?

noro

So here's the thing:
Any ideas on Boss OC3-like modelling?

In the old days :) when I was stuck on my crazy amount of single stomp boxed I loved the idea of the OC3 Octaver.
The OC3 kinda detected the notes and assigned the lower octaves to a desired range.
So I could do octaved walking bass lines and comp without the actual chords beeing octaved.
Sadly the latency was so bad that I've kept my OC2 which had no "range-option" but far better latency.
I don't know how they did it with the OC3. My (beeing a bad technician) guess is that they use sort of tuner in front of the octaver
that splits the signal, octave part of it and mix it back.

Anyone any ideas to remodel this with the axefx and its awesome latency?
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

wishless.net

you can use a crossover block followed by a pitch block. Set the crossover left and right high levels all the way down. tune xover freq where you want the pitch to cut out. Place a pitch block after. Try a classic whammy an oct down. set pitch source to local. I thought it worked better with pitch tracking off and track adj at almost full (or try poly mode - mess with tracking).

Put it in parallel (mix 100%, you'll probably need to crank the level up on the pitch block), i liked in between amp and cab. It isn't anywhere near perfect but works okay if you don'y hold out the bass notes while comping the high stuff, otherwise it can get wobbly.

not sure whether u understood my issue

Add a pitch shift block in paralel and set it to -1 oct

I'm not talking about the dry/wet ratio if I got U right.
I need to limit the response of the octaver let's say from the E String to the next e,
in order to have the rest of tones untouched.
Knowing that the OC3 is capable of doin that (besides the fact of its ridiciously slow latency)
I#m sure that there gotta be a way doin that with the AXEFX.
Tried it paralell with high cut eq in front of the pitch shifter which got me at least a louder response on the bass strings
and less response on the high strings. But chords of course still muddy up. I want to eleminate the high
strings beeing affected by the octaver.

Thx I'm gonna try that, but still : Anyone of TecPros out there know how the OC3 is managing to do it?

Back
Top Bottom