Any headless guitar player up in here?

What gauge is the high string?

I have thought about doing a 7 string with an extra high string but the only place I found that makes strings that will support expected pitch at the right gauges want something like $20+ per string :(
.095 but I tune the whole thing down a step so low-high it's D-G-C-f-a-d'-g'. Confuses the hell of out of bass and guitar players trying to watch my hands to get a chord progression, but it works for me. I buy single strings from Juststrings.com and use D'Addadrio's string tension calculator spreadsheet to get reasonably even tension up and down. The high g' at .095 is a little tough to bend... Sometimes I will just get a heavy gauge set and add on a lighter top string, but then you have 3 plain and 4 wound strings, and I am not a fan of the sound of a plain g (of f in this case).

Definitely not saying they are shit.
Overpriced - absolutely, no doubt about that. Terribly overpriced. But not shit, they are not really worse than any other guitar - not any better also.

My opinion is simple: Strandbergs were build to solve the issue with left hand positioning and provide the means to have a guitar in the "ergonomic" position. They are quite successful in this - I'd say the body should be longer for even more proper positioning, but then the guitar wouldn't fit fly requirements. Good judgment about the compromise here.

But "built for playability" - I'd say there are facts, not opinions, suggesting otherwise. Maybe for a particular style, like hybrid picking, or djenting on low strings it's good enough.
Overall, too many things went unaccounted for to consider Strandberg a proper modern age guitar. Just a good take on mixing Steinbergs with Strats. I laughed so hard when they presented "ergo knobs" as a major improvement!

Yet even this ergonomic solution is a compromise. Ola's ideal design includes a helical neck - one that is twisted

I remember reading this a while ago:

So I assumed they had made the change already. I could be wrong though…

Yeah they were saying that a year ago but there’s been no release, the option isn’t available on the order page, and I dunno anyone with the v2 saddles. So doesn’t seem like it.

Back
Top Bottom