Any headless guitar player up in here?

Oh, forgot the Klein. I made this to find out what they felt like to play. Not rock and roll enough for my band. More of a jazz guitar.

sRMINDx.jpg

That’s a very nice looking copy. Well done on the build.

My poor Klein was hoping to be a jazz guitar but alas it’s mine and has had the rock carved into its grain.

i've played this for over 20 years. i had another one by the same builder with an internal GK pickup which i sold many years ago. it has a super light alder body and a thin maple top and unusually, a 24.75" scale length. it's incredibly resonant.
my dream guitar would be a klein (or replica).

Attachments

• headless kgb.jpg
    headless kgb.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 37
  • headless_web.jpg
    headless_web.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 37
Not yet, but Aristides H/06 is on order, should arrive mid-next year :).

I do have a headless Ibanez bass, but since it's just a studio tool and I'm not a bass player or perform with bass, I don't consider it to make me a "headless player," yet.

i've played this for over 20 years. i had another one by the same builder with an internal GK pickup which i sold many years ago. it has a super light alder body and a thin maple top and unusually, a 24.75" scale length. it's incredibly resonant.
my dream guitar would be a klein (or replica).
Nice guitar, and the 24.75" scale is an appealing feature to me. I can also assume that it plays and sounds good if you have kept it for 20 years. Who was the builder and are they still available?

How do you like it? Are you using it to control VSTs?

As for me, I'm considering one. And at the moment I'm using a Kiesel Vader. 🤘
Nice Kiesel! I've owned quite a few Carvin/Kiesel guitars and basses over the years and they were all good instruments.

As for the Jamstik Studio MIDI Guitar ...

It's not the guitar I reach for when it comes to playability or tone. However, the MIDI tracking is really good IMO (the reason I bought it).

I'm using VSTs, mostly Kontackt, and it works well for me.

Being headless, it's pretty compact, so makes an OK travel guitar.

While it's not what I'd call an inspiring instrument, I have written songs and a few riffs on it.

Nice Kiesel! I've owned quite a few Carvin/Kiesel guitars and basses over the years and they were all good instruments.

As for the Jamstik Studio MIDI Guitar ...

It's not the guitar I reach for when it comes to playability or tone. However, the MIDI tracking is really good IMO (the reason I bought it).

I'm using VSTs, mostly Kontackt, and it works well for me.

Being headless, it's pretty compact, so makes an OK travel guitar.

While it's not what I'd call an inspiring instrument, I have written songs and a few riffs on it.
Appreciate the feedback on the jamstik - that was my primary reason for getting it: VST instrument control so it's good to know it's at least playable and does the MIDI stuff well. 👍👍

Grazie on the Kiesel too, fun guitar but floating trem's a bitch 🤣

Oh, forgot the Klein. I made this to find out what they felt like to play. Not rock and roll enough for my band. More of a jazz guitar.

sRMINDx.jpg
I always thought they look so comfortable to play. Never tried one though.

Last edited:
This is a bit off subject and also maybe sacrilege on the FAS forum (I swear I will always love my FM3 best😉), but thought some Strandberg guys might have some information. I ordered (backordered) a NUX Mighty Plug Pro and realized it may not fit directly on the Boden Prog NX6 input jack body design. Does anyone have any experience with these (I imagine the earlier version would be similar) and the Boden NX’s?

Leon Todd did a demo of one and I was pretty sold on the “just sitting around playing” while relaxing thing. Or even more. Especially with a headless guitar. I’m amazed at how many places I’m willing to pick it up and play due to not worrying about the head stock and tuners. Mostly acoustically. Having some juice behind it would be cool. Thanks for any help.

BTW, some really cool guitars you all have.

Back
Top Bottom