Any Guru's out there that can figure this out?

Sorry I didn’t include more info on the OP. Expression pedals used are mission and fractal. And all Have been calibrated. When using the wah, like any Kirk Hammet lead, the sound comes out like it is expected. The auto engage is set for the wah pedal to turn off at heel. Think of the patch without a wah block at all. When the wah is supposedly disengaged it sounds like a prominent static sound, almost like the AF3 sounds when we hit the DSP memory limit. I’ll try and make a recording and post it as well. Any of my other presets that do not have a wah block sound fine. Also when I load this patch into my FM3 and use the same fc12 with exp pedals, it sounds fine. It’s gotta be something in the AF3. Thanks for giving this a try.

I saw the file you loaded, but the weekend is a bad time for me. All the gear is locked up and ready to transport. I will load the preset on Sunday when I get home and settled to see what I can find.

Sorry I didn’t include more info on the OP. Expression pedals used are mission and fractal. And all Have been calibrated. When using the wah, like any Kirk Hammet lead, the sound comes out like it is expected. The auto engage is set for the wah pedal to turn off at heel. Think of the patch without a wah block at all. When the wah is supposedly disengaged it sounds like a prominent static sound, almost like the AF3 sounds when we hit the DSP memory limit. I’ll try and make a recording and post it as well. Any of my other presets that do not have a wah block sound fine. Also when I load this patch into my FM3 and use the same fc12 with exp pedals, it sounds fine. It’s gotta be something in the AF3. Thanks for giving this a try.
Thanks for the additional information.
Really helps.
I loaded your preset into a FM9 and Axe Fx 3.
WAH engages and disengages as expected.
Seems like you should contact Fractal Support.

Hey there
The fractal pedal, is that the EV-1?
I had the same problem(I think) with my EV-1 heel down auto-engage off (full calibrated), and still it lets the wah sound through. For me it was the pedal. The EV-1 has a clip that holds pressure on the moving part. With this clip, you can reset the heal setup.. try to reset the heal down some.. It worked for me

Cheers 🍻

Hey there
The fractal pedal, is that the EV-1?
I had the same problem(I think) with my EV-1 heel down auto-engage off (full calibrated), and still it lets the wah sound through. For me it was the pedal. The EV-1 has a clip that holds pressure on the moving part. With this clip, you can reset the heal setup.. try to reset the heal down some.. It worked for me

Cheers 🍻
Good point.
I can confirm I have only tested 2 different EV-2's.

Can you stop trying to side track this thread?
I did not ask for nor do I need help with that.
Let the original poster reply.
I'll do you one better: welcome to the short list of those in my ignore list.

You continue to be combative to anything I post in any thread. I'm done wasting my time on you.

In your preset, right click on the Control parameter of the Wah block.

Watch the yellow dot while you play but leave the pedal heel down.

Does the modifier dot move or does it remain at 0?

Also, can you post a screenshot of the modifier? The Axe Fx supports dual modifier sources while the FM3 and FM9 do not.

Here's the screen shot of the wah and it appears everything does go to zero…calibrated correctly. Sound clips coming soon. Appears cannot upload sound files directly on here

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 3.07.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 3.07.14 PM.png
    422.5 KB · Views: 21

Wah Block problem on the Fractal AxeFX3. Distinct overtones and modulations when wah block is disengaged. Sloppy playing with iPhone recording. No modulations heard while using the wah. For reference only

Last edited:
That's weird as hell. Does it still do it if you turn off autoengage in the modifier and manually bypass the Wah block?

Your second link is broken btw. If you use the "media" link in top of the reply box for the link, it will embed the soundcloud player directly into your post.

Like this:

That's weird as hell. Does it still do it if you turn off autoengage in the modifier and manually bypass the Wah block?

Your second link is broken btw. If you use the "media" link in top of the reply box for the link, it will embed the soundcloud player directly into your post.

Like this:

Like this:

Just a thought but what does this sound like from the headphones output on the front of your AX3?

So I am listening to the audio files.
Quick question.
Does the modulation occur with the headphone out on the front of the AX3?
Also what is your speaker/monitor setup?

Like this:

Thanks for the SoundCloud tip…nope if the auto engage is disabled it works as it should.

Just a thought but what does this sound like from the headphones output on the front of your AX3?
Probably because I just set my iPhone down in front of a cheap headrush frfr to record it. Recently moved and my rig is still elsewhere, monitors and such still in boxes.

Weird. So it's specific to auto engage. Does the Wah block show that's it's actually bypassing at heel down (block goes greyed out on the grid)?

Does it happen with any other blocks when using auto engage like maybe a pitch/whammy or volume block?

Back
Top Bottom