Any Guru's out there that can figure this out?

Dino334

Inspired
I still cannot get rid of the bleed over from the wah block on any preset, existing or freshly made, with auto engage. Once the block is "off" with auto engage, there is a distinct bleed over and static sound. Any patch without a wah block work just fine. This started with FW 21. (actually happened a few FW's ago and corrected itself when another new FW was released, somewhere around FW15). I have tried different inputs for my expression pedal on the FC and the AF3, as well as trying different instrument inputs on the AF3. I've reinstalled the FW on both my FC12 and AF3. Currently the wah block exp pedal is set on my FC exp pedal 1. I have attached a preset for anyone who may try it out. If everyone's reply is "it works for me" then my AF3 is jacked up.

Attachments

• 5153 WAH WARBLE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 16
I still cannot get rid of the bleed over from the wah block on any preset, existing or freshly made, with auto engage. Once the block is "off" with auto engage, there is a distinct bleed over and static sound. Any patch without a wah block work just fine. This started with FW 21. (actually happened a few FW's ago and corrected itself when another new FW was released, somewhere around FW15). I have tried different inputs for my expression pedal on the FC and the AF3, as well as trying different instrument inputs on the AF3. I've reinstalled the FW on both my FC12 and AF3. Currently the wah block exp pedal is set on my FC exp pedal 1. I have attached a preset for anyone who may try it out. If everyone's reply is "it works for me" then my AF3 is jacked up.
Have you calibrated the expression pedal?

It works fine for me, but I can't make out what you're saying the problem is. Are you saying when the block is bypassed, it doesn't sound the same as if you replace the wah block with a shunt?

Works normally for me here too. What do you mean by "bleed over"? Are you hearing clean guitar over the top of the distorted amp?

@Dino334 - what happens if you create a preset with a Wah block without autoengage?

Do you hear it then if you turn the block on and off by hand?

He has autoengage enabled

The Wah is OFF when he encounters the problem.

How can calibration be related in this scenario?
Because the block is not actually set to be bypassed on heal down.
The heel down setting to disengage the WAH does not work correctly if the pedal is not calibrated correctly.
Calibrate the pedal and then try again.
This is why @GlennO and I cannot duplicate the problem.

Because the block is not actually set to be bypassed on heal down.
The heel down setting to disengage the WAH does not work correctly if the pedal is not calibrated correctly.
Calibrate the pedal and then try again.
This is why @GlennO and I cannot duplicate the problem.
You’re assuming the block is not off when the OP says that it is...

Also, the calibration process doesn't usually affect the low end of the range, which is what the heel down would be using.

However, it's a valid point that the OP should confirm that the Wah is indeed OFF when he is experiencing the problem and Calibration definitely won't hurt anything.

Also, the calibration process doesn't usually affect the low end of the range, which is what the heel down would be using.

However, it's a valid point that the OP should confirm that the Wah is indeed OFF when he is experiencing the problem and Calibration definitely won't hurt anything.
The calibration comes into play for the entire travel of the pedal.

duuuude!, like ya eh! done be a nuisance eh 🤣🤣

@Dino334
So looked your preset on my Axe Fx 3 and FM9. Works fine.
Go to setup > I/O then Page over to Pedal go down to Calibrate PEDAL 1 press enter.
Now follow the prompts to calibrate the pedal travel.
Also brand and model are you using for a pedal?

I've calibrated dozens of expression pedals. I've never seen one that wasn't 0 at heel down ;)
I think the helpful thing to do here is to wait for him to calibrate the pedal and also provide the model.
I have a Boss pedal that does not work correctly with any Fractal unit since the AX8.
Maybe you missed that one.

I think the helpful thing to do here is to wait for him to calibrate the pedal and also provide the model.
I have a Boss pedal that does not work correctly with any Fractal unit since the AX8.
Maybe you missed that one.
Yep...

What pedal do you have that doesn't work?

Anything that works with the AX8 really should work with any Fractal - they all support the same thing and have the same requirements.

If the pedal is plugged into the FC-12, calibration is done in the FC Controllers menu, not the I/O menu.

First question, is the Wah block actually bypassing? Could be as simple as the Off Value being set to heel down when OP expects it to be off at toe down.

Which expression pedal are you using?

Yep...

What pedal do you have that doesn't work?

Anything that works with the AX8 really should work with any Fractal - they all support the same thing and have the same requirements.
Can you stop trying to side track this thread?
I did not ask for nor do I need help with that.
Let the original poster reply.

Back
Top Bottom