Any former Triaxis or V3 owners here?

I used a Triaxis for years with a TC G Major.....great setup...but had feedback issues so I had to buy an ISP Decimator....also never could get more than a good clean and lead tone with Triaxis.....nothing in between like Marshall Crunch or Vox Gritty tones. 100% satisfied 3 years later after purchase of Axe Fx. Search over after so much trial and error.

Pull the trigger mate! You will always be able to get the sound you want and the effects, modeling and ease of setup are amazing. I truly can not say enough about the Axe Fx. Look at all the top players that are now using the Axe.

The latest Guitar World is literally chalk full of bands saying they use the Axe Fx. Also...it isn't just metal heads saying it either.

Last edited:
I had a Triaxis / TC GForce / 2:90 setup long time ago but the AxeFX is far better for more than half the price ! :)

I have a Triaxis/2:90/Lexicon system. It sounded great, but I haven't
turned it on in a year and a half (since I got my Ultra). The Ultra has
a wider range of tones, weighs less, and is simpler to move and set up.

Your post just reminded me that I still have a Triaxis some where around here.

I guess that means no regrets. :)

I too had the Triaxis/2:90 setup. I absolutely loved the lead and clean sounds but never could get a decent mid gain or chunky rhythm tone. Long story short, the Axe can do what the Triaxis does and SO much more!

I have a Triaxis. It was the point of reference the Axe had to at least match if I were to keep the Fractal. I didn't think it possible, but the Axe equals the Triaxis for quality of tone, and blows it out the water in terms of flexibility. I tried many modeling products over the years, and none of them held up against the Triaxis. Guitar Rig 3 was a joke, Amplitube paled, Roland and Line 6...not even close. The Axe blew me away. My Triaxis hasn't been turned on in months. I don't miss it at all. Granted, I did have to experiment quite a while to match my favorite tones, but I did achieve them (for all eight modes). One day, I will get around to selling the Triaxis on ebay.

I owned a V3 as a backup to my Marshall JVM410 (both MIDI controllable). Sold the V3 to help fund my Ultra. Sold my JVM after I had my Ultra. No regrets whatsoever.

I have a Triaxis, a Mesa 50/50, 2:100, and a VHT 2:50:2. I used the Triaxis as my main preamp for a couple years before getting a Randall RM4 modular system. Both of them are around here somewhere- as well as a host of other preamps (ADA MP-1, H&K Access, Sansamp PSA-1). The AxeFX is now the only preamp I use.

I have used a bunch of different setups: Triaxis + 2:90 + Mesa 412 & THD cabinets, Mark IIc, Mark IV, and every Pod product up to and including the HD500. Nothing comes close in my mind to the Axe in terms of tone + flexibility + portability. By tone I mean tone that will cut through a mix live and do both clean and higher gain tones extremely well, by flexibility I mean the ability to combine the tones + effects + cabinets and change them instantly, and by portability I mean being able to put everything you need in a small rack enclosure and run direct and still have it sound great. In my view there is no comparison. Let me know if anyone is interested in any of the above products that I no longer need ;-)

I have a Triaxis. It was the point of reference the Axe had to at least match if I were to keep the Fractal. I didn't think it possible, but the Axe equals the Triaxis for quality of tone, and blows it out the water in terms of flexibility. I tried many modeling products over the years, and none of them held up against the Triaxis. Guitar Rig 3 was a joke, Amplitube paled, Roland and Line 6...not even close. The Axe blew me away. My Triaxis hasn't been turned on in months. I don't miss it at all. Granted, I did have to experiment quite a while to match my favorite tones, but I did achieve them (for all eight modes). One day, I will get around to selling the Triaxis on ebay.
I would really like to see some of your patches then...sounds nice.

I have a Triaxis and Mesa 20/20 and they are just collecting dust. I sold my G Force as I also did not need it any more and it was dual voltage so I could sell it in Europe easier where I live. My Triaxis and 20/20 are 110v. I like that the Axe FX is also dual voltage makes life easier... No regrets with getting the Axe FX

I still have my Triaxis, as well as various other tube amps and pre-amps. The Triaxis is set up with a G-Force and VHT 2/50/2. It sounds really great and I use it mainly when not relying on a PA. There is a certain industrial character/vibe in the tone that the Triaxis has... Axe-Fx character is always a bit smoother to me.

The Axe is mainly for PA application, which is mostly where I find myself these days. I like the 800 and HB sims. The Mesa sims are good too.

If I could only pick one setup, it would be the Axe-Fx because of the flexibility and it sounds great too.

Just gathering dust:

pref.jpg

Just gathering dust:

Looks like my closet....but add in a Kittyhawk Rack-Pre, Boss GL100, 80's Randall 2 space rack Pre....and about 8-10 FX Processors.

I haven't even had the urge to turn any of my other gear on.

Back
Top Bottom