Any FC release time info ?

My Conspiracy theory... I think FAS decided to redesign the FC's which is why we have no details since the announcement of the Axe3. There was mention that real pics would be released a week after the Axe and then nothing. Maybe they decided to give it more buttons based on all the requests
I believe you are right!

My Conspiracy theory... I think FAS decided to redesign the FC's which is why we have no details since the announcement of the Axe3. There was mention that real pics would be released a week after the Axe and then nothing. Maybe they decided to give it more buttons based on all the requests

I've been thinking and hoping that this might be the case, as I'm one of the guys who have been vocal about how a FC 18, 21 or 24 would be much better (for me at least). I'd buy any of those in a heartbeat and prefer as many switches as possible.
I get that we don't know very much about the functionality of the FC6 and the FC12, but none the less I know that less paging on the FC in the heat of the battle of live playing with more preset, scene, channel and ia switches available on page one is much preferred for me at least
But the wait could also simply be due to a delay in manufacturing.

Anyone remember how long it took for the MFC101 to materialize after the Axe Standard was released. Years, IIRC. I don't think that will be the case with the FC. Why would you pass on the III? Go find a used RJM Mastermind LT for $200, or use a Helix to control it. Plenty of MIDI controller options on the market that let you get up and running with the III live right now.
Yes but it wasn't on radar. We had no idea about a Fractal floor controller then. I used my Ground Control Pro. Now this time they've announced the FB6/12 and no time frame, price or final version set. Fine...but not the same as the lack of and then introduction of the MFC101.

More is better for me too, but if the layout can be configured to switch per scene than the 12 would be fine. I’ve noticed that even preset switching is almost seamless on the 3 so I suppose I could do a similar setup using presets instead of scenes.

I have never seen so many people obsess over a pedalboard before. It is kind of comical.
When I finally got my MFC 101 and hooked it up to my IIXL, everything clicked from the hype I was reading about. My FCB101 with the UnO chip got me through a lot of gigs and is still ready as my backup, but I finally saw how well it worked together.

I have my MFC working with my III and it's getting me by just like my FCB did with my IIXL, and I know the only laughing I'll be doing is that of joy when I get my FC12 and can enjoy the seamless integration like it was intended to be.

When I finally got my MFC 101 and hooked it up to my IIXL, everything clicked from the hype I was reading about. My FCB101 with the UnO chip got me through a lot of gigs and is still ready as my backup, but I finally saw how well it worked together.

I have my MFC working with my III and it's getting me by just like my FCB did with my IIXL, and I know the only laughing I'll be doing is that of joy when I get my FC12 and can enjoy the seamless integration like it was intended to be.

You and me both brother. Think I spent the first 5 days with the III trying to work midi magic. The first day with the III I didn't even strike a note was all about trying to control the damn thing. If I cant control it live it is useless. I have the MFC doing what needs to be done to get me by but not at the level of AXE FX MODE.

You and me both brother. Think I spent the first 5 days with the III trying to work midi magic. The first day with the III I didn't even strike a note was all about trying to control the damn thing. If I cant control it live it is useless. I have the MFC doing what needs to be done to get me by but not at the level of AXE FX MODE.

Yeah that was me too! :p
Got it hooked it ran some presets for a hour or so, then broke out the MFC. And for the next weak or so never had a guitar hooked up to it. Getting familiar with midi again, deciding what controller numbers to assign to what on the Axe Fx III and so on.

John

Yeah that was me too! :p
Got it hooked it ran some presets for a hour or so, then broke out the MFC. And for the next weak or so never had a guitar hooked up to it. Getting familiar with midi again, deciding what controller numbers to assign to what on the Axe Fx III and so on.

John
I just used the midi numbers from the II list as I had one day to get it show ready. I’ll probably just keep using them and adjust if need be. I didn’t feel the urge to get all methodical and organize my own list.

Is there a price point on this? The new Axe FX looks great and all, but that footswitch seems disappointing. I know you can daisy chain them together, but I have no desire to connect multiple footswitches nor do I want 2-3 feet of length on a pedalboard. The nearly square shape didnt need any changing. The MFC 101 was nearly perfect how it was. The only real upgrade from what I can tell is the programmability from the Axe FX and the individual displays, which are great, but they seriously should have left the 21 button layout or something similar. Unless they come out with something closer to the MFC 101 or they drastically reduce the price of the FC units compared to what the MFC 101 was, I dont think Im going to be buying the Axe FX III. That's a BIG deal breaker.

Everyone has their wants on a foot controller. I also love a large format, but know the cost would probably stop me having scribble strips for every switch. To me if you have 8 Scenes, it would seem to make common sense to have 8 switch for scenes, and 8 for presets with a tap tempo switch, and a bank up and down switches. You would also need a mode switch for go to stopbox mode. I know if Helix can have 12 switch controller for their Helix Rack for $400 then why can't we have double that with 24 switches for $800. I would give $800 for that and that is reasonable. For people that wanted a smaller footprint, you have the FC 6 and12. Sorry, but I don't want to daisy chain units. Cliff, I hope you are listening, How about a FC 24 also for $800. If Line 6 can pull off a 12 scribble strip, we know you can for that price point. I am not one who has the MFC Controller, but it would also be good to sync that unit with a firmware update to work with the AXE III also. Half of your users probably do not have the knowledge to program control numbers, so this would be for them. I love programming myself, and I love scribble strip and want to go that direction. Please watch the price point and consider this please.

Perhaps they could be built to order, something like $100 for the small housing, $200 for large etc and $25 per switch, with a given housing size able to accommodate up to a fixed number of switches.

You want a large housing and $18 switches, you got it. You want the smallest size and just need 4 switches ? No problem

Semi-custom/modular keeps everyone’s needs and budgets happy

Back
Top Bottom