Any FC release time info ?

I am a Fractal fanboy. Cliff’s a genius and Fractal’s customer service is great. Had an Ultra, have a II and an AX8. I’ve been tempted to get a III (second hand) but I just can’t see the point without the foot controllers. I know there are workarounds. But it’s certainly very odd and a hassle that the flagship unit came out without the controllers or Axe Edit. I agree some statement by Fractal about what’s going on with the controllers and an ETA would be a nice gesture to the customers.

Agreed. I’m a complete convert and have everything Fractal currently has available for sale (including the 3, 2xl+, MFC-101, AX8 and FX8)...down to the expression pedals but excluding the load box. I love the products on pretty much every measurable level and I’ve been an advocate of this tech with many fellow dyed in the wool tube amp players who have been very impressed with the units and my reporting to them about the updates, the relatively high level of responsiveness to user feedback and needs, etc. I’m not just on here to bitch. It’s simply a legitimate issue that should be addressed...or not. I mean, it’s not my business and it’s not my dissatisfied customers. I guess they’ll handle things however they feel compelled to handle them. As an individual who strives for continuous process and product improvement, high levels of customer satisfaction and service for his stakeholders, customers and delivery team members I don’t understand what appears to be the notion (perpetuated by some users and some of the moderators) that dissafied users are just “impatient” and “complaining” about the FC situation. It’s deeper than that and considering the usually high level of customer care, it’s just puzzling. I don’t get it, frankly.

Last edited:
Agreed. I’m a complete convert and have everything Fractal currently has available for sale (including the 3, 2xl+, MFC-101, AX8 and FX8)...down to the expression pedals but excluding the load box. I love the products on pretty much every measurable level and I’ve been an advocate of this tech with many fellow dyed in the wool tube amp players who have been very impressed with the units and my reporting to them about the updates, the relatively high level of responsiveness to user feedback and needs, etc. I’m not just on here to bitch. It’s simply a legitimate issue that should be addressed...or not. I mean, it’s not my business and it’s not my dissatisfied customers. I guess they’ll handle things however they feel compelled to handle them. As an individual who strives for continuous process and product improvement, high levels of customer satisfaction and service for his stakeholders, customers and delivery team members I don’t understand what appears to be the notion (perpetuated by some users and some of the moderators) that dissafied users are just “impatient” and “complaining” about the FC situation. It’s deeper than that and considering the usually high level of customer care, it’s just puzzling. I don’t get it, frankly.

We get it, you're disappointed. Over 50% of your posts these days explain exactly so.

Please take a deep breath on this.

There are reasons that FAS is not posting status. We will probably never know the reasons. We are simply not entitled to know everything that goes on underneath the hood.

-R

Small, high-performing development teams often don’t have the luxury of developing two products simultaneously. That would require people to shift gears frequently, and that has a profound impact on efficiency. Instead, you focus on one product at a time, and slam it home.

I’ve made it clear what I and others looking for.
Ok. And you’ve made it clear several times in several threads. Maybe stop for now? It’s been seen.

I don’t think this is about taking it personally or not. You just keep repeating the same message as if that’s going to improve things the more you say the same thing.

Nothing personal taken, but maybe put your focus on something else for a little while? It just seems like you can't let this go.

Not speaking as a Mod here. Just saying that the majority of your posts are disappointed with the state of this particular issue. Repeatedly.

Ok. And you’ve made it clear several times in several threads. Maybe stop for now? It’s been seen.

I don’t think this is about taking it personally or not. You just keep repeating the same message as if that’s going to improve things the more you say the same thing.

I’m the only one? If I am, fine...point taken. If I’m not then just telling everyone to pipe down isn’t going to make the problem go away. This is the last I’ll mention it.

I wonder if some of people's consternation around this is concern that if they wait, they'll miss their place on the waitlist and have to move to the back of the line. As I understand it, that's not the case. I was travelling when my position came up, and emailed them asking if I could have some extra time. Mark told me the invites don't expire and I could order when I got back, which I did, about a week after I got my invite. As far as I know that's just the way they're setup -- they didn't do anything special for me to extend my invite. So if you really don't think the III is useful to you until the FC is released, it shouldn't be a problem to wait until both are available, even if that means you sit on your invite for the III for awhile. I don't know if it's truly infinite, but it sounds like as long as it's in stock whenever you order, you'll get one. Maybe Mark/Matt/Cliff/whoever could confirm that's the case publicly.

I've got to think that Fractal would have loved to have them ready to go sooner. But things happen, and the III is still useful now to many people.

...the engineer working on them is way behind...
It's those engineers. With their ANDs, BUTs and ORs. They're always busy hooking up words and phrases and clauses. Also, I now have this song stuck in my head...
conjunctionjunctionandbutor.jpg

Last edited:
The controllers aren’t ready yet. The engineer working on them is way behind his promised completion date. I don’t know what more to say.

Thank you for your candour. I can imagine how frustrating and/or stressful it is for all involved, and appreciate you sharing what other companies might try to hide or talk their way out of. :)

I can understand the frustration from both ends here, maybe shouldn’t of put the info out yet for the FC, or atleast said “hey were having a time frame issue and regardless of what’s going on we all have to just wait for the FC to release properly, I personally would rather wait and get a great product over a rushed piece of junk, just my 2 cents

Cliff or M@ - is there a guide to using the MFC or AX8 for the time being to change presets, scenes and channels (or FX)? That would probably hold most people over until the new footswitches are ready.

If not, then I guess I’ll futz with both to see what I can do.

I have a midimouse that is great for preset up/down.

Note - I really love how the first 127 presets have scenes that are set.up as channels with increased gain - so far, just having that feature makes my AX3 another great Fractal purchase.

Although not a fan of DT, that JP patch is beyond awesome. I coild see just using that for all my usual suspect sounds. So, if those are,his actual patches - great job. And if JP reads this, tell JM’s wife (Lisa Pace) that Todd says “hi.”

I can understand the frustration from both ends here, maybe shouldn’t of put the info out yet for the FC, or atleast said “hey were having a time frame issue and regardless of what’s going on we all have to just wait for the FC to release properly, I personally would rather wait and get a great product over a rushed piece of junk, just my 2 cents

I can only imagine how many irate buyers of the III there would be if they didnt share any information about the FC’s with the announcement of the III

Basically “what do you mean I need to buy a new controller!!”, I just bought a mfcIII along with my III, etc etc. It would be a total mess

FAS did the best thing possible, they said here are the new products, we hope you’ll buy one when they are ready, no promise of when they will be. Then they said hey, the III is ready, noting else is yet, but if you want the III you can buy it, and people did, then people bitch...

I don’t get it personally. I bought one and I knew the limitations and didn’t care. If it was an issue I would if kept my II. But, but, but people will say, I need to sell my II to afford the III. Well then you bought something you can’t afford that doesn’t meet your current needs, which seems like a foolish purchase of a want rather than a need.

Think of it this way, the automobile came along before there was an interstate system. Did Henry Ford have folks bitching to him that they just paid all this money for a car but there are no good roads yet ?

Back
Top Bottom