Any FAS presence at NAMM?

aleclee

Power User
I'm starting to work on scheduling my time at the show. I know FAS doesn't do a booth but it seems like they've had some presence there pretty much every year.

I'll be there playing my normal Thursday night (jan22nd first night of NAMM) Marriott hotel lobby show. 10pm. I'll have either my axe fx XL or the FX8 for that. I'll akso be doing demos are other booths throughout the NAMM show most likely using the FX8. I know a few other guys that are going (but actually don't know their forum names) Mark Robinson is going, Cooper Carter are you going?

I'll be there playing my normal Thursday night (jan22nd first night of NAMM) Marriott hotel lobby show. 10pm. I'll have either my axe fx XL or the FX8 for that. I'll akso be doing demos are other booths throughout the NAMM show most likely using the FX8. I know a few other guys that are going (but actually don't know their forum names) Mark Robinson is going, Cooper Carter are you going?

wish I could be there!

I will definitely come and see you. That's if I can stay up that late. Working the show poops me out

Last edited:
I don't see Tone Merchants on the booth list, but I'd be surprised if they aren't demoing the FX8 somewhere close.

I don't see Tone Merchants on the booth list, but I'd be surprised if they aren't demoing the FX8 somewhere close.

Usually hanging at Rock N' Roll relics / D. Allen Pickups Booth. Don't expect to see Fractal product . Plenty of Friedman Amplification though. Mark Day possibly????

Hi all,

Have fun if you go to NAMM. We'll loan units to a few exhibitors as usual.

NAMM is a show for MANUFACTURERS to connect with DEALERS. We don't sell through dealers, so NAMM is not right for Fractal.
Imagine just how many people among the thousands of attendees are convinced that if they could just talk (shout) with you for a few minutes, they could convince you that your direct model is flawed and they're the perfect dealer/distributor/artist/mom-and-pop to change things and put Fractal on the road to big-time penetration... Yeah.

I'm not knocking it for those it is designed to serve: NAMM is fun if you've never been, and the in-town/off-show vibe can be great. It's fun to spot the small-scale innovator and good to interact with your peers, but as Devin Townsend and I concluded two years ago... after a few days you cannot clear your head of the sound of a marching-band meat grinder shredding a baby rabbit speed metal act while hoarse used-car salesmen shout a new coat of glitter on their particular same-old. Oh, and then you get NAMMthrax.

So when you consider the very high costs it seems smarter for us to maximize the resources going into creating killer products, improving them through constant innovation, and offering world-class support.

Yes there are "buzz" benefits, but the best-in-show hype is honestly less than what one can expect of a great day online. (Thank you ALL for that, and keep it coming!)
Yes, it dovetails into an industry-wide blitz, but honestly, NAMM is the time of year when your announcements are most likely to be lost in the clatter.

Perhaps the only downside is that this excludes Fractal from a lot of industry awards and events. But honestly, they can have 'em. Having satisfied customers and a demand that generally outweighs supply seems better than any plasti-brass plaque or union-catered dinner.

So again, rather than succumb to tradition, offer quality products and service, interact meaningfully with real people, and care about what you do. Now THAT's an "industry show."

In case you're interested, I'll let you know if/when we place units with other exhibitors. DiMarzio, Gibson, etc. have asked.

Last edited:
So again, rather than succumb to tradition, offer quality products and service, interact meaningfully with real people, and care about what you do. Now THAT's an "industry show."

In case you're interested, I'll let you know if/when we place units with other exhibitors. DiMarzio, Gibson, etc. have asked.

Good summary Matt, thanks for the "biz" side of the NAMM-agraphical explanation.

The only thing that I could potentially see as a negative for FAS at NAMM having other vendors showing off the product, is the very real possibility that what the patrons sample through sounds like crud (FRFR, Amps, Guitars-used). I suppose it makes more sense to NOT have a booth setup since the product is virtually and literally selling itself through word of mouth in real life experiences.

Again, thank you Cliff and FAS team (M@-man+) for allowing us to be a part of a pseudo-revolution that is changing the way guitarists can travel with their gear. Even this weekend gigging for my church out at a youth camp I had my MFC-101 in a Pedaltrain 2 flight case and my AFX in a Gator 4U rack. Literally all my amps/tones/pedals/sounds in 2 boxes... Simply amazing...

I would be curious to know what vendors are reaching out, especially if the Fender booth is going to 'sample' or 'compare' their latest and vintage amp tones.

Thanks M@-man!

I'll be down there, aimlessly wandering in the cacophony. Hopefully it will be somewhat rewarding, but it's always entertaining.

Hi all,

Have fun if you go to NAMM. We'll loan units to a few exhibitors as usual . . . .

With all that being said you know someone is going to ask the same question next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice....going to try and get over to see your show.

For the record, I was at NAMM 2 years ago and say at least 3 Fractal Units set up at different booths.

I think some of the dealers (guitar, power amp, speaker) may have realized that bringing an Axe to a trade show is easier than bringing a Tube Amp (for demoing their guitars, power amps, speakers).

Man I'm getting psyched to look at some new gear....I love NAMM!!!

For anyone going if you can make it to Larry's show at the Marriot I'm sure you will enjoy it. I'll be there for sure.

For a taster here is a video from last years show, unfortunately I did miss this one due to not having a hotel until the weekend, so bummed. I'm sure Larry won't mind me posting this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRGhmGnVjGw

I'll be drifting along with a couple of FAS Forum regulars
thumbsup.gif

Gotta be done just for the chaotic experience!

Hi all,

Have fun if you go to NAMM. We'll loan units to a few exhibitors as usual.

NAMM is a show for MANUFACTURERS to connect with DEALERS. We don't sell through dealers, so NAMM is not right for Fractal.
Imagine just how many people among the thousands of attendees are convinced that if they could just talk (shout) with you for a few minutes, they could convince you that your direct model is flawed and they're the perfect dealer/distributor/artist/mom-and-pop to change things and put Fractal on the road to big-time penetration... Yeah.

I'm not knocking it for those it is designed to serve: NAMM is fun if you've never been, and the in-town/off-show vibe can be great. It's fun to spot the small-scale innovator and good to interact with your peers, but as Devin Townsend and I concluded two years ago... after a few days you cannot clear your head of the sound of a marching-band meat grinder shredding a baby rabbit speed metal act while hoarse used-car salesmen shout a new coat of glitter on their particular same-old. Oh, and then you get NAMMthrax.

So when you consider the very high costs it seems smarter for us to maximize the resources going into creating killer products, improving them through constant innovation, and offering world-class support.

Yes there are "buzz" benefits, but the best-in-show hype is honestly less than what one can expect of a great day online. (Thank you ALL for that, and keep it coming!)
Yes, it dovetails into an industry-wide blitz, but honestly, NAMM is the time of year when your announcements are most likely to be lost in the clatter.

Perhaps the only downside is that this excludes Fractal from a lot of industry awards and events. But honestly, they can have 'em. Having satisfied customers and a demand that generally outweighs supply seems better than any plasti-brass plaque or union-catered dinner.

Please hold your applause and just throw cash.

I'll be there!

I'll be at Larry's show, of course, as well as doing shows of my own:

At the Mission Engineering booth, Friday at 3

And at their "loud room" exhibition room, Saturday at 4

(with the Axe-Fx along with, obviously)!

I'll be playing songs from my new album and talking about the tones coming out of the Axe and blasting through Mission's Gemini FRFR cabs!

Back
Top Bottom