Any dev/tech that can explain how this works?

I don't know, but I suspect that opposed to a noise gate, it's a very narrow band filter, designed to notch out maybe 58 to 62 hz. Since it's so narrow, you wouldn't necessarily notice it's missing, but it takes out the powerline carrier.

I haven't played around with it, but I suspect that adjusted properly you could get similar functionality out of the PEQ.

It's a comb filter locked to the line frequency.

You can do the same thing with a flanger. Disable the sweep and set the delay according to the power line frequency: 16.7ms (60Hz) or 20ms (50Hz).

Put the block early in your FX chain, before any distortion.

You probably won't like how this changes the sound of your guitar...

It's a comb filter locked to the line frequency.

You can do the same thing with a flanger. Disable the sweep and set the delay according to the power line frequency: 16.7ms (60Hz) or 20ms (50Hz).

Put the block early in your FX chain, before any distortion.

You probably won't like how this changes the sound of your guitar...

Is this just a guess or fact? They advertise it as to not change the tone of the guitar, and it does seem to work in the clip if you checked it.

The one I heard didn't change the tone of the guitar, and was a pretty effective device. Not quite as good as a gate, but damned close, and with no switching.

The one I heard didn't change the tone of the guitar, and was a pretty effective device. Not quite as good as a gate, but damned close, and with no switching.

Its usability almost certainly depends upon you guitar, amplification, tuning and other FX. For me, the difference was quite noticeable.

and it does seem to work in the clip if you checked it.
It sort of works in that clip. He says you can hear that the hum is gone, but you can clearly hear that it’s still there, although the lower frequencies of the hum have been reduced. The hash is still there. On the “strong” setting, it seemed to add broadband hiss to the signal.

I’ve never tried one myself, so take my ramblings for whatever you;think they’re worth.

Back
Top Bottom