Any clue on lincoln brewsters plexi patch?

sebby123

I love his strat tone and have been trying to get a similar tone to his, his fingers aside and light touch, It sounds like it he has a pretty high peak compressor in the front with just a sweet amount of gain from some el34 based amp. Anyways i would love to hear some insight if anyone has any on his patches! :D

sebby123 said:
I love his strat tone and have been trying to get a similar tone to his, his fingers aside and light touch, It sounds like it he has a pretty high peak compressor in the front with just a sweet amount of gain from some el34 based amp. Anyways i would love to hear some insight if anyone has any on his patches! :D

Last I heard he was using Plexi 1, Master cranked, drive fairly high. He controls the gain with his volume control on the guitar. His guitar wiring is basically EJ wiring w/ treble bleed mod on the neck pickup. he uses Virtual vintage pickups (Area 58, 61s I believe).
Although he does use compression, I do not believe he uses it on everything. The main part of the compression comes from a high MV setting.

javajunkie said:
sebby123 said:

Last I heard he was using Plexi 1, Master cranked, drive fairly high. He controls the gain with his volume control on the guitar. His guitar wiring is basically EJ wiring w/ treble bleed mod on the neck pickup. he uses Virtual vintage pickups (Area 58, 61s I believe).
Although he does use compression, I do not believe he uses it on everything. The main part of the compression comes from a high MV setting.

Thanks man! I have the same pickup set coming in, Ive had good luck with the cornford sim, with the set drive very low but ill try some new patches tommorow :D

check out the first part of this video; riot pedal into PT100 clean channel at surh booth namm 2010:

particularly about a minute in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIydIYFYSUo

that is one of the best lincoln lead tone emulations i've ever heard and the formula there is blackface clean type tone being hit by a distortion pedal, with some time factor delay, and a suhr strat single coil neck pu.

That sounds way edgier than I remember Lincoln...
Definitely.

Someone posted a Jeff Beck preset yesterday that's actually quite a good basic direction. Plugged in my most stratty strat and upped the master to 9. Keep in mind Lincoln has wired the last tone pot to his bridge pup and rolls it off to 5-6 to take the bite off.

Here it is:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13975

Dutch said:
That sounds way edgier than I remember Lincoln...
Definitely.

Someone posted a Jeff Beck preset yesterday that's actually quite a good basic direction. Plugged in my most stratty strat and upped the master to 9. Keep in mind Lincoln has wired the last tone pot to his bridge pup and rolls it off to 5-6 to take the bite off.

Here it is:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13975

Thanks ill give this a try! I tried a simple plexi patch today and the bass was booming, It was hard to dial out ill tweak it some more later tonight, Also thanks for describing how to upload patchs in axe-edit,

mentoneman said:
check out the first part of this video; riot pedal into PT100 clean channel at surh booth namm 2010:

particularly about a minute in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIydIYFYSUo

that is one of the best lincoln lead tone emulations i've ever heard and the formula there is blackface clean type tone being hit by a distortion pedal, with some time factor delay, and a suhr strat single coil neck pu.

It sounds a little harsh to me but that could be just the mic, My cornford patch sounds just like that right now, But licoln has the low mid compression going on that im hungry for :p

Back
Top Bottom