Another V10 Preview II

MIMIC isn't tone matching. That clip isn't tone matched. That's the stock model. MIMIC analyzes the actual amp and corrects the internal model based on measured differences.

This sounds like the missing link in modeling or something, but does it add delay? I mean it sounds as if this is pretty hard on the horsepowers to do all that comparison and adjustment without adding any delay to the output.

This sounds like the missing link in modeling or something, but does it add delay? I mean it sounds as if this is pretty hard on the horsepowers to do all that comparison and adjustment without adding any delay to the output.

I'd guess the MIMIC process is done when the model is being programmed by Cliff, and the firmware simply contains the results of that process (meaning no additional comparative processing while playing). (yes/no)?

Oh, like it's not in real time? duuuuuh what am I thinking, that way you'd have to be all wired up to all the physical amps for comparison while switching presets, lol.

It's just to get the model more accurate when making it? like the models we have in our axe-fx are modeled and then installed by firmware. I see. Hah, what was I thinking :p

thank you karmakarmakarmakarmakarmakarmakarmakarmakarmakarmakarmakarmakarmakarmakarma :)

Incredible! Gotta agree with shasha I,m super hyped about v10 ,also agree with xpenno on the accurate ir's from the actual amps being modeled! Love for them to be available!!

no delay or anything. MIMIC is not affecting the sound as it's being played, but the way the real amplifier is being modeled. in very very simple terms think of it as a really cool analyzer Cliff invented which shows the ongoings inside the amp's circuit which can then be translated to the model. so, no additional delay or anything apart from that it'll sound and feel even better.

Sounds great, Cliff! I'm looking forward to v10. Thanks for always trying to make an already outstanding product even better!

OK. So it's a new way or additional method for Cliff to model the amps in the Axe which explains why he's redoing all the amps. That clarifies things. I thought it was a new tool/parameter being added to the Axe or for the tone/amp matching block.

If the first step was to do great modeling, as now with 9.02 is amazing. then this next step (MIMIC) is to match all the real values to the "hypothetic components", like modeled components. then what's left? Only the weight on the back when draging around all these amplifiers. Oh wait, we don't need that! ;)

OK. So it's a new way for Cliff to model the amps in the Axe which explains why he's redoing all the amps. That clarifies things. I thought it was a new tool/parameter being added to the Axe or for the tone/amp matching block.
tone matching (as in the TM block) is entirely independent from MIMIC. MIMIC takes care of the actual models.

Thanks VegaBaby.

duh-9.jpeg

This is what I get for not keeping up on things... (sigh)...

They both sound good, but if I had to chose I would go with the first one.

So when are you going to tell us which is which?

I really can't tell the difference. I think I like the first one better after three listens (and repeatedly A/B'ing the cleans at 0 and 20 secs) but my mind is probably messing with me.

I'd say the first is the real amp.

I was thinking "Well if the first clip happens to be the AXE then I'm sold" but then I tought "but I'm already sold... what am I thinking :)"

The Axe is so Emile Coue - Everyday in every way im getting better and better.
Thats awesome.. i flicked back and forth (granted only in an imacs audio) and if theres a difference its negligible.

Back
Top Bottom