(Another) Recto 1 Red Playthrough

Axe-Master
I was particularly pleased with the original tone on this recording (my old 2 channel Recto through a Marshall cab with V30's and a 57/121 blend) and managed to get really close using the Recto 1 Red, an IR of a Mesa 212 courtesy of the legendary @York Audio and the following advanced parameter tweaks

-Keep the master volume low (around 2)
-Lower the speaker low res frequency (around 85hz)
-Increase the speaker comp (5), time constant (150ms) and speaker high res amount (7).

I added some subtle saturation and post EQ with the new Waves Scheps Omni plugin to get the guitar to sit with the rest of the mix. Enjoy.

Preset - http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6044

Last edited:
Cool tune, AMAZING tone.

I remember tracking this song thinking "something really tight like a boosted 5150 will probably do the trick" and struggling until we tried the Recto. Such a girthy amp when required.

Leon,that is awesome..! great song,great riff..big as the Wall of China..big like..any chance to share the preset and to tell what Ir to use ( I almost have them all..)
..and what strings you use and what gauge ?

Last edited:
Leon,I bought the bipolar pack by Justin York I couldnt find 212 IR there..is another place or thread to look for ..? Thank you !

Tight and powerful Leon...Oh Mamma this 3:06 riff is glorious...big thanks to you!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing sounds great! Btw, your patch is set differently then your listed settings,
preset is comp 4 not 5 and high res is 6 not 7.

Not sure if you saved it wrong or something. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom