Another observation on FW18....

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
Anyone else experiencing much more consistency/balance between guitars across the same preset/amps? Seems much less sensitive, in a good way, to changes in guitars/pups.

With less harshness in the high mids, I do find more usable pickup combinations across the board.

So in that sense, it is more consistent.

that's what i was referring to. it was a negative at all, and wasn't referring to individual guitar character. was referring to how a patch dialed in with HB's might be overly bright with a Tele, now it's not as big a shift...much more amp like in that regard to my ears. perhaps i'm not explaining it well...

I notice more clarity/character from the amp sims and my different guitars. Everything has more of its own character. Also I notice more clarity coming from my technique and playing. Very unforgiving in a good way and really makes me realize I need more focus to clean up my playing. Even the delay I love doesn't cover up the sloppiness :)

I'm noticing more distinct tonal changes between PU positions, which is great.

I remember on early modelers that there was no real difference between say neck vs neck + middle, while on my real amps it was very apparent. Now on the Axe is quite apparent and really reacts just like my amps did

I have noticed this , For me each guitar has it's character defined more , but they sound good on the same presets without having to make separate presets ,ex: LP to Strat !

that's what i was referring to. it was a negative at all, and wasn't referring to individual guitar character. was referring to how a patch dialed in with HB's might be overly bright with a Tele, now it's not as big a shift...much more amp like in that regard to my ears. perhaps i'm not explaining it well...

Okay yes this I have noticed

Back
Top Bottom