Another Neal Schon-Axe Sighting

Yeah, watching the input meters on the Axe, it looks like it's the guy to his left that's playing through it... at one point the guy stops playing, the meters stop, but Neal's still playing... bummer !

flyingfadr said:
Yeah, watching the input meters on the Axe, it looks like it's the guy to his left that's playing through it... at one point the guy stops playing, the meters stop, but Neal's still playing... bummer !

"The guy to his left" = Mr. Paul Reed Smith. ;)

flyingfadr said:

Hi y'all,

I'd say it's Neal Schon himself who's playing through the Ultra - at least I can see how the input meter blinks during his solo, which starts at about 1:40. Awesome tone, BTW!

Cheers!

I think it's Neil Schon's AxeFx too, but I'm not 100% sure.
Holy crap I want that guitar!!! I've got an addiction to PRS Singlecuts and I've always wanted Schon's modded Les Paul. This can be really bad for my wallet if they produce it. :shock:

I really WOULD like to be wrong !! ;)

and I guess that shows how interested I have been in PRS's... ( nice guitars, just not for me...)

PRS built 10 Schon Singlecuts back in the day but Gibson offered actual money which NS was obliged to take. The Les Paul Axess came out of that relationship. Now the Gibson deal is over it seems that NS is coming back to PRS. The ten original NS SC's were Black I think so that guitar may be new. NS is playing the Axe-Fx. Paul Reed Smith is playing one of his own amps.

VERY Cool !! I almost bought one of his Schon guitars... LONG ago... that were made by Jackson... good to see him using the Axe... he is such a RIDICULOUS phrase monster !!... juts awesome !!

flyingfadr said:
I really WOULD like to be wrong !! ;)

and I guess that shows how interested I have been in PRS's... ( nice guitars, just not for me...)

Cliff has already confirmed (from another sighting) that Neal is using the Axe-fx. Normally he is using it in the loop, but he has at least once used it direct when his amp failed. He was said to have been really pleased with it direct.

Here is the post:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13986&p=132366&hilit=neal#p132366

neal is one of the most melodic and ripping players of all time, as well as a premier songwriter. journey gets unfairly knocked because of their pop songs (extreme got the same treatment by the uninformed masses). do i see sustainer switches below the floyd? i have resisted the prs urge so far but a schon model may just do me in.

Sorry, I just cant bring myself to call you fatandugly...but you're absolutely right... one of the most melodic and UNDER-rated... LOVE his solo albums !!

What's the chance of getting Neal to provide us w/some patches? He's been one of my favorites since his Santana days!

Back
Top Bottom