Announcing the New FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor

Sign me up :)

This seems like the perfect complement to the FM3 and Axe-FX. It's what I'd have gotten instead of the FM3 if it'd been available then, but I can still see the value of the FM3 for people who want something smaller. And my III isn't going anywhere ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
that’s why I speculated that maybe the FM3 sales were slowing down, because as a general rule, you don’t create products that make your existing products nearly pointless.

At the FM9 price (great price!), the FM3 market now becomes limited to:

FM3 owners who never needed an FC-N to supplement the FM3 (for example, recording or other non stage use)

FM3 owners that don’t need the additional CPU power.

Anyway, I’m sure they thought long and hard about this. It didn’t stop me from getting on the list

Plenty of folks have chimed in that they are keeping their FM3s. So there is that. :)

I am going to trust Fractal on this one. They have small, medium, and large now. Options that
every restaurant and clothing store also seem to have. :)

Last edited:
This looks amazing. Have you reinstated the diffusion parameter on the delay blocks?

Having just purchased an FM3 and an owner of an XL2, I've been a convert and evangelist for some years now. The FM9 will thankfully fill the gap left by the retirement of the AX8.

that’s why I speculated that maybe the FM3 sales were slowing down, because as a general rule, you don’t create products that make your existing products nearly pointless.
That assumes that product development is instantaneous. "Whoops! Product sales are slowing down. Let's release a new product."

It doesn't work that way. It took years to develop and release the FM9. If you're smart, you start that process as soon as you're done developing the earlier product.

Frustrating - sent my waitlist email at 1:28 pm. No confirmation reply. Sent another request from a different email account this evening and got confirmation immediately . . . .
Same thing happened to me this afternoon. I saw the same frustration expressed by several other forum members. I sent an email at 3:05 pm. Did not get any response so I sent a second email from a different email account near 6 pm and got a response almost right away. I am sure I got bumped down a ways over those several hours. A little disappointing, but I will get over it. Maybe…. 😂😂😂

Plenty of folks have chimed in that they are keeping their FM3s. So there is that. :)

I am going to trust Fractal on this one. They have small, medium, and large now. Options that
every restaurant and clothing store also seem to have. :)
"This one's TOO BIG.

This one's TOO SMALL.

This one's JUST RIGHT."

--Goldilocks

That assumes that product development is instantaneous. "Whoops! Product sales are slowing down. Let's release a new product."

It doesn't work that way. It took years to develop and release the FM9. If you're smart, you start that process as soon as you're done developing the earlier product.

What? You mean Samantha didn't just wiggle her nose and manifest it? ;)

Last edited:
God damnit this is exactly what I want and I just bought the fm3 2 months ago. Super disappointing. Lol
I just got an FM3 a few weeks back. Super bummed about the diffusion function being removed from the delay blocks BUT the thing is still incredibly powerful. Plus, it fits in my backpack for fly gigs. Once you put an expression pedal next to the FM9 it's gonna be a big unit.

That sucks. I almost returned mine because of how limiting it is. Sounds are great but I really prefer dual amps. Oh well. Maybe I’ll sell and save up for it.
I'm working on some dual amp simulation presets for the FM3. Had mine for about 3 weeks and pretty darn happy with it, despite the loss of the diffusion function in the delay blocks.

Anyone know what the dimensions will be? I love the addition of switches and dual-amp capabilities! This makes it a real killer for live use - just hope the dimensions won't go beyond airline carry-on allowance with a case included.
It looks like it's going to be pretty wide once you bung an expression pedal next to it. I'm keeping my FM3 for it's compact form for fly gigs and my AxeXL2 in the studio.

I hear ya, it’s just that this goes against the modular concept that the FC6/12 support. Now the market for FM3 +FC6 all goes to the FM9.

It seems odd to me.

like I said,I don’t care, I’ll be buying one!

Back
Top Bottom