Announcing the FM9 Mark II Turbo

Yes, it surprised us too. You'd be shocked at the backflips it takes to deal with what used to be basic procurement. But even when one's hand is forced into tough positions, opportunities can sometimes be found to manipulate aspects of the situation for the better.

Fair enough. I believe you. And I'm very happy you all found a way to release it sooner.

I also believe the reality that if you said "it's coming very soon!" Then you'd lose out on FM9 sales in the present so I get why you wouldn't say that even if it was. People would just end up waiting for the Mark II and you'd probably lose out on some sales in the meantime. Which is completely understandable. I'm a small business owner and I understand it's business to keep things close to the chest.

As I understand it it's the same processor as the turbo.
"Introducing the FM9 Mark II Turbo. This latest version has 10+% more DSP power allowing for presets that would exceed the limits of the standard FM9, and larger footswitch "mini displays" with almost twice the viewing area. All other specs are remain the same as the previous FM9 Turbo."

"Introducing the FM9 Mark II Turbo. This latest version has 10+% more DSP power allowing for presets that would exceed the limits of the standard FM9, and larger footswitch "mini displays" with almost twice the viewing area. All other specs are remain the same as the previous FM9 Turbo."

Right, but that's 10% more power over the original FM9.

The original FM9 was released.
Then the chip shortage happened, so they did the FM9 Turbo, which got 10% more DSP
And this week they announced the FM9 MK II Turbo, which is the FM9 Turbo, just with larger mini displays

That said, some of the press release wording I've seen is a bit confusing. At first glance I also thought the MKII would 10% on top of the 10% that the Turbo already had.

Right, but that's 10% more power over the original FM9.

The original FM9 was released.
Then the chip shortage happened, so they did the FM9 Turbo, which got 10% more DSP
And this week they announced the FM9 MK II Turbo, which is the FM9 Turbo, just with larger mini displays

That said, some of the press release wording I've seen is a bit confusing. At first glance I also thought the MKII would 10% on top of the 10% that the Turbo already had.
yeah... but. If you read it, it says it has "10+% more DSP" then says, "All other specs remain the same as the previous FM9 Turbo". This clearly implies that it is 10+% more than the FM9 Turbo or it would have been lumped into the "All other specs remain the same" statement.

I mean... maybe their copywriter just isn't communicating it well. But, if I were reviewing this language for a release, I'd read it as 10+% more than the FM9 Turbo. If not, then the copywriter needs to correct this statement.

So not the press release, but the product page here is what confused me for a hot second. As stated, this was on a quick read, where I skimmed and saw the MKII in yellow, and then 10% more DSP in white.

@tommo is similarly confused by some release he read.

Now obviously this was a comprehension error on my part, and after spending another few seconds I got it. But I wonder if someone who doesn't follow Fractal products would get it as quickly.

So not the press release, but the product page here is what confused me for a hot second. As stated, this was on a quick read, where I skimmed and saw the MKII in yellow, and then 10% more DSP in white.

@tommo is similarly confused by some release he read.

Now obviously this was a comprehension error on my part, and after spending another few seconds I got it. But I wonder if someone who doesn't follow Fractal products would get it as quickly.
Ahhh gotcha......the info at the link you provided looks pretty clear to me. I guess all Fractal can do is hope people take the time to read it.

Maybe the product page was updated, but here are 2 relevant quotes, with the first being the first two sentences on the page:

The FM9 is now the FM9 Mark II Turbo featuring larger footswitch "mini displays" with almost twice the viewing area. All other specs are remain the same as the previous FM9 Turbo.

Fractal Audio's FM9 Amp Modeler/FX Processor is now the FM9 Turbo, with 10+% more DSP power.

I think those two statements are pretty clear.

The larger scribble strips are the only difference between the FM9 Turbo and the FM9 Turbo MkII.

Maybe the product page was updated, but here are 2 relevant quotes, with the first being the first two sentences on the page:

I think those two statements are pretty clear.

The larger scribble strips are the only difference between the FM9 Turbo and the FM9 Turbo MkII.
I guess "other" means something different to me.

Is there a possibility that the invites will come over the weekend? Or can I relax and enjoy my weekend without checking my email every 5 minutes?

LMAO! How did you know I need to practice my chops? That’s a great idea for everyone. I’ll be in the studio practicing if anyone needs me for anything! I’ll hang in there and waiting because I know it’s worth the wait. My brother has one and keeps telling me so.

The problem is they are referencing both the origial FM9 (That had 10% less DSP than the FM9T) , and the FM9T in the same statement, so it can be a bit confusing. It is the same DSP as the FM9T. The new MK II is the same as the FM9T except for the larger scribble strips.

the product is called the Mark II Turbo. turbo means the 10% increase.

i've bolded some things, but it is saying
10+% more DSP power... [than] the standard FM9
Larger mini displays while all other specs are the same as the previous Turbo.

so it's a Turbo and what makes it a mark ii is the larger footswitch displays. that's the difference.

Back
Top Bottom