Announcing - FX8 Mark II Multi-FX Pedalboard

This looks very nice. I'm in the market for one as I'm moving back to a "normal" rig. Signed up on the wait list and am patiently awaiting the arrival of my invite. Sweet!

You're gonna dig it! It's the ultimate board in my opinion for normal amp oriented rigs. It's like having a load of boutique effects at your disposal while having a full blown rack at your feet without the rack. Let us know how you like it. :)

You're gonna dig it! It's the ultimate board in my opinion for normal amp oriented rigs. It's like having a load of boutique effects at your disposal while having a full blown rack at your feet without the rack. Let us know how you like it. :)

Have to sell my rig first! Hopefully somebody swoops in and saves the day before my slot comes up! Haha!

Have to sell my rig first! Hopefully somebody swoops in and saves the day before my slot comes up! Haha!

I was doing the same thing...until my invite came up and I still didn't sell my rig. I HAD to grab a credit card....any credit card...one that wasn't even mine.....or, I had to sell a kidney......lol....it's really horrible to get that invite while not having the money. You don't know when you get another chance. I can tell you this though.....I couldn't afford my first Fractal piece (MKII with pedal board and two mission pedals) at the time.

I cringed when I put it on my card. BUT....after a few weeks of learning it and experiencing it, each time that credit card came in, it didn't even bother me to pay it because I knew I had what would most likely be the last piece of guitar gear that I would buy for a long time. When you see how dedicated the people are on the forum as well as Cliff and how Fractal operates as a company, you know you made the right choice even if you struggle a little at first to fall in love with the unit.

I don't think that will be an issue now. When I got my MKII years ago, we didn't have Quantum and we didn't have a lot of the options and features we have today. Heck, even the presets have been updated to work with the new firmware. Your AX8 will come to you right out of the box sounding pretty darned good with presets that are usable. All my processors that I've owned never gave me usable sounds. I always had to tweak a preset or really create from scratch.

You'll be able to use these sounds as they are with little to no tweaking, depending on your needs of course. There is something for everyone. So no worries, you'll be making a great choice. The more I use my AX8, the more I love it and just laugh at how good it sounds in such a small little box. It's not quite my MKII or my XL+, but honest when I tell you, if I didn't have either of those with the additional technology they offer, I'd not miss them. :)

I was doing the same thing...until my invite came up and I still didn't sell my rig. I HAD to grab a credit card....any credit card...one that wasn't even mine.....or, I had to sell a kidney......lol....it's really horrible to get that invite while not having the money. You don't know when you get another chance. I can tell you this though.....I couldn't afford my first Fractal piece (MKII with pedal board and two mission pedals) at the time.

I cringed when I put it on my card. BUT....after a few weeks of learning it and experiencing it, each time that credit card came in, it didn't even bother me to pay it because I knew I had what would most likely be the last piece of guitar gear that I would buy for a long time. When you see how dedicated the people are on the forum as well as Cliff and how Fractal operates as a company, you know you made the right choice even if you struggle a little at first to fall in love with the unit.

I don't think that will be an issue now. When I got my MKII years ago, we didn't have Quantum and we didn't have a lot of the options and features we have today. Heck, even the presets have been updated to work with the new firmware. Your AX8 will come to you right out of the box sounding pretty darned good with presets that are usable. All my processors that I've owned never gave me usable sounds. I always had to tweak a preset or really create from scratch.

You'll be able to use these sounds as they are with little to no tweaking, depending on your needs of course. There is something for everyone. So no worries, you'll be making a great choice. The more I use my AX8, the more I love it and just laugh at how good it sounds in such a small little box. It's not quite my MKII or my XL+, but honest when I tell you, if I didn't have either of those with the additional technology they offer, I'd not miss them. :)

Bro... I have an axe-fx II. I'm buying the FX8 because I'm going back to a tube rig. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom