Announcing FAS-FX REVERB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tip for Garageband users:

If Garageband doesn't detect the plugin, force it to empty its cache by deleting the files in <user>\Library\Caches\AudioUnitCache.

It's became my goto reverb plugin for every mix project i do now. Very versatile, and rapidly configured with excellent presets. Stunning sound on every material type, drums, voices or guitars it's always perfect.
It's also far less CPU-intensive that the IR-based Reverb i used before.

Is it possible to have these new features in Axe FX II even if it uses more CPU ressources ? Unless they are reserved for the new Axe FX III.
I was waiting for this request ever since Cliff said it's more powerful. We are so incredibly spoiled. :D I think everyone has been really happy with the reverbs in the Axe-Fx. Are they suddenly not good enough? Really? We haven't even heard an A/B comparison. :D

Good point, but I think it's a little unethical to highlight in a public manner the ease (and method!!) of pirating competing software or products.
How so? Please elucidate upon this as I have no idea as to how to connect those dots logically.

Very light. I was running multiple instances in parallel on my creaky, old Core 2 Duo iMac and had CPU to spare.
Please define "multiple" in order to provide a useable answer. How fast was the iMac? Which model? How much RAM?
Not trolling you. Just wanting a falsifiable answer.

images

How so? Please elucidate upon this as I have no idea as to how to connect those dots logically.

Not much to it, beyond the fact that many people will now be aware that they're available, and can now Google the method of finding it, assuming they didn't know it prior.

Just because you've beaten this method of piracy doesn't make it ethical to point out those who haven't, and inadvertently inform people exactly how to pirate it practically consequence-free.

The reverb is superb, the quality and detail is superior to many of the reverbs in my computer.

I have already made a preset that many of you will like, its a room mic emulation that fattens up the guitar tone and makes it sound more natural, i could not find this kind of room emulation in the presets.

I am loving it! I've actually done some AXE Fx mono amps for "ready-to-record", and pulled the prior reverb out of those presets in AXE Fx altogether. Now using the FAS Reverb plug-in with aux send in Logic and it's great. Because I'm already so familiar with the various Fractal Reverb sounds from using the AXE Fx, I find it easier to use this Plug-in for reverb and quickly get the reverb sound I want to hear than poke around others available in my DAW. Thanks Fractal for making this easy!

@Ed DeGenaro the UAD plate is one of my go to verbs too. I will have to check out the FAS plug.

@larryseyer the hardware USB dongle is the way to go if you need to quickly move between multiple computers. That's what I do. Your accident with the USB stick was unfortunate but doesn't really reflect on the overall iLok strategy IMO. Using the iLok cloud takes about 5 minutes to transfer to the cloud then back down to the next computer but it breaks my creative flow so I don't like it.

The reverb is superb, the quality and detail is superior to many of the reverbs in my computer.

I have already made a preset that many of you will like, its a room mic emulation that fattens up the guitar tone and makes it sound more natural, i could not find this kind of room emulation in the presets.

You mind letting me check out your preset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom