Announcing Axe-Fx III Mark II TURBO

And to add to my previous point. I'm an Axe FX 2 MK 2 user.

I purchased my unit in August 2013.
After that these products have been released:
-Axe FX 2 XL
-Axe FX 2 XL+
-Axe FX 3
-Axe FX 3 MK2
-AXE FX 3 MK2 Turbo

Probably gonna upgrade to an Axe 3 soon, but still super happy with my Axe 2. I'm just super stoked that there has been so much evolution in the Fractal camp :hearteyes: Just like in the PC world - jump in and upgrade when the need is there. Waiting for newest components is a never ending wait :grin:

As for TURBO - faster does not necessarily mean better and especially not more stable.
$200 difference, is that enough for faster processor, faster RAM, better power supply, better cooling.
Or it's just overclocking.
Although one thing is for sure - Fractal did it for sure great.

As for TURBO - faster does not necessarily mean better and especially not more stable.
$200 difference, is that enough for faster processor, faster RAM, better power supply, better cooling.
well...I think faster is better without a doubt.
It's not overclocking - Fractal already clarified that - it's a faster processor.

Cliff has already taken the time to state it isn’t an overclocked processor. It’s a different, faster one.

Does anyone know how old the device must be at the most to be able to go to RMA?

Last edited:
So I asked this before, but didn't really get an answer. Will the number of allowed amps, cabs, effects, etc. per preset change, or is it just going to allow more within that framework?

15 days. Mine was 11 days old when Turbo was announced.

Have RMA, Will Ship.... :)

Next week will be Turbo Taco Tele Tuesday....
Joe Bfstplk thanks.
Then my dilemma was removed. It would be too much of a cost to sell a so-called my new device where I would immediately lose some of the money, then the $200 difference and the cost of transporting both the old and the new. Too much for just 0.25GHz difference. My Ax FX III MkII standard is good. Best.

So I asked this before, but didn't really get an answer. Will the number of allowed amps, cabs, effects, etc. per preset change, or is it just going to allow more within that framework?
What will change in the future is anyone’s guess, but it expands what you can do within the current framework now. Folks are getting confused over “allowed” number of blocks. It will possibly allow you to use more blocks by lowering CPU percentage use in a preset, but as of this moment does not allow more instances of a block than a non-turbo unit based on limitation in the firmware. In other words, you cannot stick 3 amp blocks and 3 cab blocks in there.

Yet.

What will change in the future is anyone’s guess, but it expands what you can do within the current framework now. Folks are getting confused over “allowed” number of blocks. It will possibly allow you to use more blocks by lowering CPU percentage use in a preset, but as of this moment does not allow more instances of a block than a non-turbo unit based on limitation in the firmware. In other words, you cannot stick 3 amp blocks and 3 cab blocks in there.

Yet.
If Fullrez really is a "paradigm shift" of sorts then having more CPU capacity within the current framework will become essential given how cpu hungry Fullrez appears to be. Even a 25% boost may be skimpy for many existing hirez presets swapping into fullrez

Last edited:
We'll if yur a kitchen sinker like me - 1.25 is 25% better so go for it - I'm holding out for 50-100% better in Ax4.
That's right, it's better to say 25%. Anyway but in my case and I see here that there are a lot of us for a device worth $ 200 more to pay in total maybe $ 1000 more is crazy. And already have a new standard device.

Last edited:
If Fullrez really is a "paradigm shift" of sorts then having more CPU capacity within the current framework will become essential given how cpu hungry Fullrez appears to be. Even a 25% boost may be skimpy for many existing hirez presets swapping into fullrez
A more powerful processor will certainly work better. And yet we will see how much 25% is significant in the use of this device.
Fractal technical support answered to me for my standard device: "DSP you have is great and is still being sold".

That's right, it's better to say 25%. Anyway but in my case and I see here that there are a lot of us for a device worth $ 200 more to pay in total maybe $ 1000 more is crazy. And already have a new standard device.
Yes, it's an extra $200 + tax to choose the Turbo model, but more like $1000 if you have one already, and plan to sell it.

Back
Top Bottom