Announcing Axe-Fx II XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory/wishful thinking .

1. Fractal spend time with the edge going through the Axe FX II
2. Edge says its great ! But I need a bit more out of this if I'm going to use for small gigs
3. Fractal come back with FXII XL
4. Edge tests it out and says this is better . I will use at Sean Penn Charity event . "I will place it on my table just here"
5. Gig goes well
6. A week or two later Fractal announce the new AXE- FX XL :)

Why not call it The Edge Fx XL? ;)

Reactions: PJM
..... Right now... my rig is just as complicated as it was in the tube times so what's the point then? Okay I have a lot more versatility.

Hello. Gotcha. My "rig" lost a 35kg tube amp, replaced by a 17kg and quartersized floormonitor and no hassling with mics etc. Also for rehearsal (I'am a little player, no pro) I leave the monitor at home, just through the tiny "FOH" we use for vocals is good enough for rehearsing.

but I was one of the Hardcore fan boys who got on the list the moment it came out, and it would be nice to have a newer one with more bells and whistles.

Pros are going to love this thing, because Cliff put in Redundancy and backup, pretty important for a touring musician or his tech.

Curious, are you referring to a list for the XL ? If so where would it be?

Will the S come with a thumb print reader?

Yes, but unfortunately it will go in power saver mode unless you pick at least once every 15 seconds and you will have to enter a 4 digit pin in the middle of the tune to get the S to wake up! :eek:

Nice upgrades. I won't sell my first version Axe-FX II to get them, but I'm glad you guys are continuously working on getting your customers the best product you can provide.

I know maybe it's too late... but... anyway... a BIG hw upgrade should be a powered USB port and an USB browser on the fw side!
Usefull for bypass the need of a PC, i.e. connecting an USB portable drive or dongle:
- user cabs loading
- fw upgrading
- single presets/entire banks loading
In my mind the Axe has the numbers to be an all-in-one machine (PC editing is a commodity). I like to think I can go with the Axe and... say... a 64Gb USB dongle full of cabs, presets... etc...

They will be released for waitlist in March and shipped to you on labor day. Lol. Just kidding.

Sent from Windows Phone Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom