Andy Timmons patch request

unscarred

Experienced
Anyone got a patch close to Andy's tone particularly his tone on resolution cd.
he's using mesa lonestar for clean and stiletto for crunch and lead. his also using a BB preamp infront of the amp.

any help would be appreciated.

I would love to have patches with those tones. I saw him demo the amps a couple of months ago. Awesome. Lots of the tone is in his hands, though!

toadcaller said:
Lots of the tone is in his hands, though!
Agree with that, Andy is amazing. Did anyone see the youtube vid where he jams on "Little wing" ? Now talk about dynamics ;) Would love a patch for that kind of playing, subtle when you back off the volume on the guitar, warm and singing with the volume on 10

FWIW, his rig on the Resolution album was not Mesas. It was his signature guitar into a Butler Tube Driver into a Fulltone Tube Tape Echo, one side going out to a Plexi and the other side going out to a 70's JMP head.

I've got a patch that gets pretty close that I'm still refining...once I get it a little closer, I'll post it.

Can't wait, I read that early about the album. His tone with the Mesa rig is pretty good too!

What Axe models are closest to the Mesa Lonestar and Stilleto?

I've been working on this for a while too.
It's tricky getting both the crisp clarity and the warmth at the same time.
I don't know how he does it.

pm "klaveguitars" he is GREAT Timmons-Style player and nailed the tone 100%
in the old forum, i can´t find that song again on his soundclick site - he always
promised me to upload the patch -

I would also love anything close to his semi-overdriven blues tone that he has on the YouTube - "Young Guitar" and "Amp Rig" demos plus both of his CDs especially the song Electric Gypsy. I have just recently discovered him - I'm not sure how I haven't heard of him before? Anyway, he's my favourite new/old guitarist and I absoultely love his tone.

I'm going to try and obtain this on my Axe but being a NEWB it may take me a while. Anyone having success in the mean time please post and upload to Axe-Exchange. Thanks!

This forum so far has introduced me to Skid Row and Andy Timmons. Thanks for opening my eyes with the youtube vids - talk about tone heaven!

OK, I downloaded this patch from Axe-Exchange and it comes very close to Timmons - Electric Gypsy tone (smooth, glassy, and punchy) on my rig. The patch is:

#133 on AXC and is called Rock Lead by Rome.

I am playing it with a G&L Legacy Special Strat (equiped with dual rail HB PUs) on the neck PU with the volume rolled back to about half way - Roll the volume all the way up to rip. Enjoy!

Sorry I don't have a patch for you guys, but I stumbled on something that reminded me of this thread and would be a good place to start tweaking and is actually close enough to fake it. I thought about this after watching Andys You Tube video with the BB preamp.

Patch #006 on original presets that came loaded on the Axe "East Wes". I simply edited in a drive block instead of the compression block. I chose the Tube Drive and without even tweaking further I had a great sound with some of the characteristics that reminded me of Electric Gypsy. I'm using the neck pickup on a Strat which really is important to that tone. Of course switching to the JB humbucker in the bride gets a great lead tone. Of course I've been playing with all the parameters in the drive block and I keep getting more sounds that I think are better than the last one and I can't decide what I like best :lol:

just thought I'd pass this on an let you guys try it to.

Back
Top Bottom