Andy Timmons - 7.18

joCCe

I filled up my Axe with the new 7.18 yesterday and recorded a Timmons tune for fun. I think the 7.18 sounds much more open and real than the previous version I had (7.08)
The preset I used is a 808 hitting a bogner überschall.

http://www.jocce.net/ntremember.mp3

Thanks
Joakim

Good stuff, Joakim. I'm a big Timmons fan and you do pretty good justice to the original. Tone is quite good too. I'd love to check out the patch if you'd be willing to share it.

Thanks,
Jeff

Great tone, you pretty much nailed it to my hearing ears. Loved the playing to as others have said you got the phrasing down

Nice job! I posted my own attempt at this track myself a while back. I'd love to check out your patch if you'd be willing.

Thanks very much for the kinds words guys!

Sure, I'll share the patch, but I'm not sure how to grab the syx file from the Axe to get all the parameters right. I've previously used Lars's editor, but there are several new featuers in the Axe that isn't covered in the editor I have. What do you guys use?

Thanks
Joakim

joCCe said:

Sure, I'll share the patch, but I'm not sure how to grab the syx file from the Axe to get all the parameters right. I've previously used Lars's editor, but there are several new featuers in the Axe that isn't covered in the editor I have. What do you guys use?

Thanks
Joakim

You can use the SendSX program, and just use the dump MIDI command on the Axe-FX to send the data to the computer, then save it as a syx file.

puppetyr said:
joCCe said:

Thanks
Joakim

You can use the SendSX program, and just use the dump MIDI command on the Axe-FX to send the data to the computer, then save it as a syx file.

Thanks very much, that worked like a charm.

Here is the preset: http://www.jocce.net/TimmonsLead.syx

Joakim

Just listened to the original. IMHO your backing track and your guitar-tone is even better than the original! Awesome!
What guitar are you using?

Great tone! I don't have a volume pedal attached all the time, so it was a bit of a search to find out why I didn't hear anything...

Thanks very much guys. Cool that you like it!

The guitar used is a Tyler Classic Landau model with alder body and rosewood neck, Suhr DSH humbucker and Tyler 2500 singles.
Blackie.jpg

"google is your friend."

I've tried to find it, but I couldn't. Jocce's version sounds much better, than the available versions. If it is pulic, can somebody post me a link? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom