Andy Summers - "The Cracked Lens + A Missing String"

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I had the chance to hang with Andy Summers on Saturday. I've worked with Andy and his tech Dennis for almost ten years now and they're extraordinarily cool and smart and friendly. In Andy's current live rig, tones from a pedalboard go simultaneously into an onstage amp and an Axe-Fx III in "Dennis World" (his tech actually sits on stage!). The show was fantastically entertaining; stories, pictures, and words. He plays a cross section of material ranging from Police classics reinterpreted to songs from his 14 solo albums, to some really cool improvised textural pieces. There are additional tour dates this year through November. Catch him if you can. (He's also playing in Brazil at various times but I don't have all of the details.)

Andy Summers is a true master and absolutely loves the Axe-Fx. His particular travel plans prevented me from capturing any video, but he is extremely into it and also told me that he'll be recording new material soon using the unit.

Personal note: I owe this guy a lot in terms of musicianship, and therefore career path. He can count on me to answer the phone in one ring. (There's at least one other person in that category.)

1717423187168.jpeg

BONUS: I got to see @Cooper Carter who was passing through on his way to film a Tone Tour with another great Fractal Audio artist playing the next day in NY. We met up with an old friend of mine for a nice meal and lots of philosophical talk about the state of affairs for music and music education these days. I foolishly did not get a group photo.

Star Wars Mother GIF by Death Wish Coffee

I had the chance to hang with Andy Summers on Saturday. I've worked with Andy and his tech Dennis for almost ten years now and they're extraordinarily cool and smart and friendly. In Andy's current live rig, tones from a pedalboard go simultaneously into an onstage amp and an Axe-Fx III in "Dennis World" (his tech actually sits on stage!). The show was fantastically entertaining; stories, pictures, and words. He plays a cross section of material ranging from Police classics reinterpreted to songs from his 14 solo albums, to some really cool improvised textural pieces. There are additional tour dates this year through November. Catch him if you can. (He's also playing in Brazil at various times but I don't have all of the details.)

Andy Summers is a true master and absolutely loves the Axe-Fx. His particular travel plans prevented me from capturing any video, but he is extremely into it and also told me that he'll be recording new material soon using the unit.

Personal note: I owe this guy a lot in terms of musicianship, and therefore career path. He can count on me to answer the phone in one ring. (There's at least one other person in that category.)

View attachment 141160

BONUS: I got to see @Cooper Carter who was passing through on his way to film a Tone Tour with another great Fractal Audio artist playing the next day in NY. We met up with an old friend of mine for a nice meal and lots of philosophical talk about the state of affairs for music and music education these days. I foolishly did not get a group photo.

Awesome! You have the "dream job" I think a lot of us would love to have.

One of my favorite guitar players ever, the man of the beautiful chord progressions.

Simply one of the best ever.

Back
Top Bottom