And the new king of rock tone is ..... Cameron Ch. 2

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
After rocking the stage for 3 hours yesterday, I can truly proclaim the CAMERON Ch. 2 to be new King of Rock Tone!
Character, detail and pure mean power. From crunch to hi-gain.

I was playing through a cabinet with a G12M speaker. In face it was a Bogner Alchemist combo, using its power amp and speaker only.

I'm loving it too! I do find it needs some taming for me, to mellow it out very slightly. Do you run a pedal into it, like a TS808? I know it has heaps of gain already but to me it's the kind of gain that works better for chords than single note solos etc.

I rocked for hours with it, yesterday. Have you guys tried it with the Saturation switch turned off? It gets a more vintage vibe, still sounds heavy, mean and responsive - I love it both ways. Incredible. I can't believe how people talk about Kemper like it was even close to the 3D tone of the Axe.

This may or not belong in this thread - but I'm digging the Cameron amp as well ( I used to own one...). What I really like - is I finally dragged my butt...and my gear down into the basement and ran the Axe through the power amp of my XTC and playing with the presence setting on the Bogner - can really get a variety of tones I like from the Axe amp sims. Now I need a rack power amp that has similar characteristics

This may or not belong in this thread - but I'm digging the Cameron amp as well ( I used to own one...). What I really like - is I finally dragged my butt...and my gear down into the basement and ran the Axe through the power amp of my XTC and playing with the presence setting on the Bogner - can really get a variety of tones I like from the Axe amp sims. Now I need a rack power amp that has similar characteristics

The Atomic 50/50 has Presence controls. Very handy.

I'm loving it too! I do find it needs some taming for me, to mellow it out very slightly. Do you run a pedal into it, like a TS808? I know it has heaps of gain already but to me it's the kind of gain that works better for chords than single note solos etc.

Yep, BB or TS808 for leads.

It's a flat power amp. There's no relation with specific speakers.

I've been playing with #32 - and BTW - it actually responds nicely to the volume knob - at least with the Wolfie I was using. So glad I took the time to pump this into a real amp. More on that in another thread.

Man, yek. You are totally right. I dialed this in this morning before heading to the studio with plans to track with the HBE. I've been tracking all day with the Cameron.

I'm putting this on my list for tonight. Until 5.0, I didn't really care for any of the 'brit'-style amps. I couldn't put the HBE down yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom