Amps that have surprised & impressed you in V10

Cliff, seriously thank you for the Badger 30. It's now probably my favorite amp in the Axe FX (or at least one of the top 3). So dynamic, and I love the volume knob dynamics. It's perfect

+1

Took me some time to "learn" this amp.
Worth it. Because it does broken cleans as well as juicy leads (Master on 10) so well.

I combine it with the Hot Kitty cab. SM57 and Royer 121 (Producer Cab Pack 1).

I'm using the Plexis more than ever, they are just sonic goodness. I've been playing with the Atomica High lately as well in some places where I may have used the HBE previously. The Atomica sounds killer, but man that is a bright amp! I can set the treble to zero and still cut through effortlessly.

Cliff, seriously thank you for the Badger 30. It's now probably my favorite amp in the Axe FX (or at least one of the top 3). So dynamic, and I love the volume knob dynamics. It's perfect

I had a few minutes this morning, so I grabbed my blank patch & threw in an amp block with the Badger 30, a cab block with the basketweave TV mix IR (no mics), and a reverb block set to medium plate. All I changed from default was the Level control from -12dB to -4dB. I ran through the 5 pickup positions on my Strat and was really wow'd by this amp. Can't wait to spend some more time with it. Thanks for the heads up!

+1

Took me some time to "learn" this amp.
Worth it. Because it does broken cleans as well as juicy leads (Master on 10) so well.

I combine it with the Hot Kitty cab. SM57 and Royer 121 (Producer Cab Pack 1).

thanks for that tip bro

!!!DIVISION13 CJ!!!

Guys, i'm with my Axe II right now and this is probably the best clean sound I tweaked EVER. I love all the tones I'm getting from the Axe, but that Super Tweedy Clean was missin' . Yea, I got some broken cleans with the Super Verb, but that super clean with that 'acoustic' quality was what I really was searching for, 'til now. I'm really loving it guys :)

!!!DIVISION13 CJ!!!

Guys, i'm with my Axe II right now and this is probably the best clean sound I tweaked EVER. I love all the tones I'm getting from the Axe, but that Super Tweedy Clean was missin' . Yea, I got some broken cleans with the Super Verb, but that super clean with that 'acoustic' quality was what I really was searching for, 'til now. I'm really loving it guys :)

Are you using the /13 producer mix IR with it?

Back
Top Bottom