Amps models by manufacturer

Thank you Yek. I've saved it now, so you can remove it again if you want.

ps I've read tons of your contributions, especially amp write-ups. It's very much appreciated and utilized.

Very handy, thanks. I’ve always wondered why they can’t be sorted in this way on the Axe unit as it would be quite convenient to group them in this way.

Very handy, thanks. I’ve always wondered why they can’t be sorted in this way on the Axe unit as it would be quite convenient to group them in this way.

Yes I agree that is much more convient. It's not always easy to know what amp it is based on by just looking at the Axe fx names. But maybe it is because of copyright issues that they can't name it the same as the actual amp?

Unless you have specific permissions, or licensing deal etc, with a given manufacturer you can’t readily use their brand name, logo, in some cases even specific aesthetics, font et al.

This is why pretty much every modeler calls an amp something similar enough to get an idea of what’s it’s based on without specially saying the name.

Can’t use ENGL so they call it ANGLE etc

Thank you Yek. I've saved it now, so you can remove it again if you want.

ps I've read tons of your contributions, especially amp write-ups. It's very much appreciated and utilized.

Just out of interest, how/where did you save it? Can you refer back to it even if the original is removed?

Ps. +1 on Yek appreciation.

I think a fine solution would be to allow custom grouping. Write a group name and drop amps in it yourself. We already have color marking/grouping/sorting (I used this list to make marshall yellow, fender red, mesa/boogie blue, vox purple). Maybe if we had some more colors like 10-20 it could cover more manufacturers and be good enough.

Does anyone have a list of current amps sorted by manufacturer?
I checked on the wiki but apparently it does not exist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom