What I meant was:
Mesa 2:90 Deep on == Axe Fx 2 Depth Parameter 8-10
Mesa 2:90 Modern on == Amp Voicing Modern

Didn't replicate :)

(
- Just for record I tried mark/recto sims
- Cab was Mesa Recto 4x12 Cab
)

.. but it doesn't matter cuz I prefer AxeFx and FRFR option and my mesa's is for sale =)

Last edited:
Try tweaking "depth freq" in adv param's.

Bright cap makes just as much (or more) a difference as presence/Treb/etc.

Also, use the FAS "Cali" cab- much better than RW or OH versions.

Its just the little bit of salt that makes your meal that much better. I leave my amp settings the same but sometimes I might want to hear a warmer tone...bam! warm...more vintage...bam!vintage.....edgier?boom! neutral or modern.

I never really used it much before but now I use it constantly. Instead of changing amps I just change this depending on my mood. try it out if you havent

YES. I am a huge fan of this parameter too. Really glad Cliff put it in and it's staying there. It can really help an amp sit well in the mix/smooth things out. Vintage is good on old amps like tweeds. I like Pop and Warm as well. I'm an old-school rock guy anyway. I've noticed James Santiago likes to play with on voicing his presets too. It's a nice "secret weapon" in the tone shaping arsenal, nice pre-made EQ curves.

I always dial in the amp first on neutral, then do this voicing adjustment after, especially if trying to blend amp into a mix, something usually clicks easy. I love the Vintage voice paired with the Super Tweed. It can also help remove any harshness on top end. These are just great options, mainly PEQ adjustments audio mix pros use.

Last edited:
What do the voicing settings actually change? Some said they change low and high cut, but I could not notice any difference when I changed voicing.

Back
Top Bottom