Amp voicing parameter = awesome

ptgold

Inspired
Its just the little bit of salt that makes your meal that much better. I leave my amp settings the same but sometimes I might want to hear a warmer tone...bam! warm...more vintage...bam!vintage.....edgier?boom! neutral or modern.

I never really used it much before but now I use it constantly. Instead of changing amps I just change this depending on my mood. try it out if you havent

i was hoping the "modern" voicing might be like the modern voicing in the mesa 2:90, which did wonderful things to clean tones, but the frequency response seems a little different...

I started to use it too since FW9. Its the easiest and fastest way to shape the tone. Would be nice to know how exactly each settings work.

Easiest way to see what it does is wait till edit works. Those voicings make adjustments to advanced tab parameters to get those results.

I love it as well. Be great to have more things like this. Kinda idiot proof way to get more shapes and colors.

You don't need to wait for Axe Edit. It seems mostly the hi & low cut frequencies that change. You can also tweak them again after you choose a power amp voicing. I usually add a little more low end back to the vintage one.

Really? Whered you get that info?

Cliff said it some where here shortly after the feature was released. I have experimented with it and seen it. It actually is the case with the effects types such as the various types of choruses. Each type just tweaks the adv parameters to affect the sound/feel of the effect

I was going to open a new thread about this awesome thing, but I've just found this one with the search function, so I will post it here. Title included:

Addicted to Power Amp Voicing?

When playing/recording lead tones with accurate FRFR, I find that it is very easy to instantly get rid of some nasty crispy annoyances on the high frequencies (for my personal taste) by using the Amp Voicing. Mainly Rock or Pop. I couldn't live without it.

Are you also using the Amp Voicing to shape your tones?

IIRC the voicing parameter just adjust the PWR AMP LO and HI CUT parameters found in the advanced menu.

I have tinkered with voicing options, but I always seem to end up going back to the neutral settings and tweaking from there. I am going to try a thought experiment and start by changing the voicing over the something (like modern) and use it as a fundamental with which I build my preset. I guess I've just found more luck with dialing in the preset and using limited advanced tab stuff that I already know gets me where I want to go.

I use to use a lot of these more advanced parameters earlier on , but I've found that with each Firmware update I use them less and less.
I also think that as we continue to get better and better Ir's available to use alot of the earlier tweaking that we needed becomes unnecessary .
lately I find that I can dial in great sounding patches very quickly, where with 7.0 and earlier FMs I needed GEQs adn PEQs and major tweaking to get what I was after.

I do the same. I cannot stand the other modes. They sound muffled to my ears or something is missing.

lately Ive been using the neutral setting mostly as the recent firmwares have eliminated certain frequencies I didnt find pleasing. I still use the Rock setting sometimes if I feel the tone is too bright

I've A/B my poweramp mesa 2:90 modern/normal and deep switches with Axe parameters and I wasn't able to recreate these voicing. It might not meant to to replicate THAT actual sound but I miss my 2:90 deep/modern sound :)

I've A/B my poweramp mesa 2:90 modern/normal and deep switches with Axe parameters and I wasn't able to recreate these voicing. It might not meant to to replicate THAT actual sound but I miss my 2:90 deep/modern sound :)

No, it is not meant to emulate that at all. The deep switch is accomplished by the using depth parameter. For modern use on of the modern mode rectos

Back
Top Bottom