Amp Sim Request: Marshall 2555 Silver Jubilee

Would you like to see the Marshall 2555 Silver Jubilee in the Axe?

• Total voters
I've been keeping my fingers crossed for this for awhile. Still got hope that we'll see it someday, but now you got the Marshall AFD100 coming in the near future. Thatll be another request I'm sure, since many of us are looking to nail the Appetite For Destruction tone, so shouldn't we be looking for a Caswell modded Marshall. Still want the Jubilee though. Just thought I'd write and refresh this post.

jtizel666 said:
I've been keeping my fingers crossed for this for awhile. Still got hope that we'll see it someday, but now you got the Marshall AFD100 coming in the near future. Thatll be another request I'm sure, since many of us are looking to nail the Appetite For Destruction tone, so shouldn't we be looking for a Caswell modded Marshall. Still want the Jubilee though. Just thought I'd write and refresh this post.

I still hope also :)

I actually own a 1970 Marshall super tremolo 100w modded by Tim Caswell with the #39 mod ;) I bought the amp form the states and had it sent to Tim before he started performing the mod again, I had to wait just about a year to get my grubby mits on it! It sounds awesome but I don't play it cause it's just too damn loud...

I would be happy to send cliff photos if he wants, the original CB is point to point so shouldn't be too hard to work out. Not sure about Tims circuit though as I have never looked. I don't have schematics though.

Spence

Even though my Axe hasn't arrived yet, this is the one piece of gear I would most desire.
If there's only ever one more update to the software I truly hope it would contain the addition of this amp. This amp would become the main workhorse of my tone.
Let's all hope for the future.

hey,
there is talk of a new marshall model in the next firmware.

I dont remember seeing any other marshall amp requests lately...... (ka-chiiiiing)

mwahahahaha!!!!!

The new Marshall I heard about is the Dave Friedman's amp..called "Marsha"

with the

BE = brown eye mod

and the

HBE = hairy brown eye mod.

I am too lazy to find & paste here, but I have seen in 2 other threads on this forum, in addition to the new marsha, there will be a new marshall amp sim.

Cheers,

JJunkie said:
I am too lazy to find & paste here, but I have seen in 2 other threads on this forum, in addition to the new marsha, there will be a new marshall amp sim.

Cheers,

Cliff has confirmed that there will be a Shiva model in there. Is that what you are referring to? I haven't seen anything about an actual Marshall amp.

D

dk_ace said:
JJunkie said:

Cheers,

I haven't seen anything about an actual Marshall amp.

D

I looked and couldn't find any reference to a new Marshall sim other than the Marsha. It would be cool though.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16714

grumpops said:
eoinlandy said:
It so would, I had a funny feeling this morning there would be a new version out today.
I heard a rumour there is a new Marshall model planned and I'm dying to know which one.

I hope like hell it's not a JCM 2000 (DSL/TSL/QSL) which were Jim Marshall's biggest mistake...
I've got a TSL 100 sitting in the corner BEHIND the Ultra rig...lol
I couldn't get out from under that head fast enough once I saw an Ultra being used onstage.

FractalAudio said:
It's definitely not a TSL100. I had one of those and hated it.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16988

Joker said:
Has Cliff told the release date? What are the new added features and amp sims? Shiva Clean & Dirty, Marsha BE & HBE, a Marshall and improved presence modeling?

Its just scraps, but a good hint from Fractal in there.....

mwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

I'm sure I'll receive a huge flaming for this, but I really don't see what people like about this amp. I'm a big Marshall fan, but I guess only when it comes to what they produced until the JCM800. A friend of mine owned a few Silver Jubilees (guess he liked it :lol: ), but I could never get along with them. Same goes for the AFD tone...not my cup of tea...Sorry :)

VegaBaby said:
I'm sure I'll receive a huge flaming for this, but I really don't see what people like about this amp. I'm a big Marshall fan, but I guess only when it comes to what they produced until the JCM800. A friend of mine owned a few Silver Jubilees (guess he liked it :lol: ), but I could never get along with them. Same goes for the AFD tone...not my cup of tea...Sorry :)

so u didnt like the 800?
man, u got some big cahones to walk in this saloon guns blazing like that......
but its ok. that 800 / jub sound is very distinctive (and got a really good workout) its only natural that some ppl wont want to play on it.

though 97% do

JJunkie said:
VegaBaby said:

so u didnt like the 800?
man, u got some big cahones to walk in this saloon guns blazing like that......
but its ok. that 800 / jub sound is very distinctive (and got a really good workout) its only natural that some ppl wont want to play on it.

though 97% do
With 'until the JCM800' I meant including the 800. Everything Marshall did until then (including ;) ) just sounded huge. Put a FuzzFace, TS, OD or Rat in front of any of those and it's a monster wall of tone. The Silver and pretty much everything after that...small, fizzy, compressed. YMMV of course and in the end it all comes down to taste.

JJunkie said:
http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16714

grumpops said:
eoinlandy said:
It so would, I had a funny feeling this morning there would be a new version out today.
I heard a rumour there is a new Marshall model planned and I'm dying to know which one.

I hope like hell it's not a JCM 2000 (DSL/TSL/QSL) which were Jim Marshall's biggest mistake...
I've got a TSL 100 sitting in the corner BEHIND the Ultra rig...lol
I couldn't get out from under that head fast enough once I saw an Ultra being used onstage.

FractalAudio said:
It's definitely not a TSL100. I had one of those and hated it.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16988

Joker said:
Has Cliff told the release date? What are the new added features and amp sims? Shiva Clean & Dirty, Marsha BE & HBE, a Marshall and improved presence modeling?

Can anybody shed more light on this talk of a new Marshall amp sim (in addition to the Marsha). I was hoping it was a silver jubilee.............................................

Interesting comments re. JCM-800 and after, or pre-JCM800. What changed significantly with the introduction of the 800-series? Is that when they started adding in clipping diodes for extra distortion?

Related question: What the heck did EVH, Clapton, Lifeson etc. put in front of their pre-JCM800 Marshalls then, to get as much gain as they did?

Concerning the EVH sound, I have come to believe that Eddie just used dimed plexis with a variac... His amps may had some mods, but nothing like an extra gain stage etc...
I've come to believe that, because I owned an original Plexi Superlead (a 1973 model) and when I dimed the volume it did produce that early EVH tone (with th eright guitar of course)...
The ear-bleeding amount of volume though was a huge drawback... The amp when dimed screamed and roared (and sustained - in a good way - forever), but you could only play it for about 20 minutes before starting to going deaf...
Fortunately I took a big risk, sold the marshall (and a boogie rack system I had) and bought the axe... Now I can get the same tones at any volume and most importantly, tweak the amp so that it does exactly what I want it to...
Especially now with the 1987x model, the early EVH type of sound, for me is spot on... Just like the original plexis, these amps need the master at 10 to roar and scream...
Same thing goes for the JCM 800 model (at least the ones I've tried)... They needed to be set at least to 6-7 to deliver with authority... If you have them lower than 5 they sound like a nasty angree bee hive, but if you dime them... :shock: :shock: :shock:
And if you really want to get THE sound out of these amps, you just have to dime them, which is not an easy thing to do...
Of course, let's not forget that a great part of one's sound is his playing style... I think these non-master volume amps just need to be played ridiculously loud and with enough strumming power on the guitar's strings.
Actually, with these amps and with just your picking hand, you can go from almost clean to mean and if you use the guitar's volume as well, you can go from very nice clean to full throttle...
On the other hand, I still play my axe fx with a power amp (ART) and 4x12 cab, so I can't speak for the FRFR performance, but since the axe is now connected to the same cab that my plexi was connected, I can say that I get exactly the same sound and feel of a real plexi with the axe...
Anyway, I got carried away with this, but I honestly think that the big "secret" about these amps and their famous owners/users, is almost nothing more than a dimed master volume and an aggressive (for more grit) playing technique...
Oh, as for the Jub, +1000

Back
Top Bottom