Amp Sim Request: Marshall 2555 Silver Jubilee

Would you like to see the Marshall 2555 Silver Jubilee in the Axe?

• Total voters

xpenno

Power User
I am a massive fan of many users of this amp and I used to own one back in the day, I was gutted when I had to sell it and regretted it ever since. It has a fantastic Marshall crunch, some would say the best from a Marshall, with more preamp gain than a JCM800 and a much more rounded tone to the JCM900 (both of which I owned in the past).

Current users include Slash,John Frusciante,Joe Bonamassa so pleeeease Cliff could you add this one? :D

http://www.ceriatone.com/images/layoutPic/marshallLayout/2555.jpg

Spence

bmi said:
+1
I think that the slash version which seems to be the best is the 2550 model.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=392&start=440

Not that it really matters but Slash uses the 2555 Silver Jubilee and his sig model is the 2555SL as I used to own one :cool:

The only difference between the two (as far as I know) is that the 2555 and 2555SL where 100W/50W switchable heads and the 2550 was a 50W/25W switchable head. The preamp sections are the same but the poweramp sections are different. There were also a range of Combos produced in a range of wattages.

I think that some users prefered the 50w because as with most Marshall's you had to crank it to get the poweramp working and you could do this at lower volumes. I vastly prefered the 100W as it had more punch to it and when running at 50W it seemed to be missing something.

As you might tell I really do like this amp :)

xpenno said:
bmi said:
+1

Not that it really matters but Slash uses the 2555 Silver Jubilee and his sig model is the 2555SL as I used to own one :cool:

The only difference between the two (as far as I know) is that the 2555 and 2555SL where 100W/50W switchable heads and the 2550 was a 50W/25W switchable head. The preamp sections are the same but the poweramp sections are different. There were also a range of Combos produced in a range of wattages.

I think that some users prefered the 50w because as with most Marshall's you had to crank it to get the poweramp working and you could do this at lower volumes. I vastly prefered the 100W as it had more punch to it and when running at 50W it seemed to be missing something.

You are right...2555 for the slash model. So seems the 50w sounds better.
If this is like the Marshall you should have to know that a 50w didn't sound like a 100w. So it's not just a matter of power.(50w or 100w cranked give the same result for your neighbour)

xpenno said:
bmi said:
+1

I still own a 2555SL + Matching V30 Cab and have been trying for some time to replicate it. Did a lot of A/B testing with EQ adjustments and the 800 amp etc. but did not manage to get the exact same sound. This Marshall sure is one of the best crunch sound ever played... I would love to see this in the Axe..

In the meanwhile I try to get as close as I can. That was the goal when I bought the Axe two weeks ago. To get the same fabulous sound, without the weight of the head/cab...

But I'm still not there...

Won't play live with the axe before I nail this sound... But I'm still looking for an apropriate FRFR solution to get there so...

jwilms said:
xpenno said:
bmi said:
+1

I still own a 2555SL + Matching V30 Cab and have been trying for some time to replicate it. Did a lot of A/B testing with EQ adjustments and the 800 amp etc. but did not manage to get the exact same sound. This Marshall sure is one of the best crunch sound ever played... I would love to see this in the Axe..

In the meanwhile I try to get as close as I can. That was the goal when I bought the Axe two weeks ago. To get the same fabulous sound, without the weight of the head/cab...

But I'm still not there...

Won't play live with the axe before I nail this sound... But I'm still looking for an apropriate FRFR solution to get there so...

I have owned my Axe for over a year and a half and have not managed to replicate the sound. I tried the JCM800 with various drives in front but it's just not the same. Maybe one day Cliff might add this classic in :)

While not much of an endorsement, I remember choosing this amp model in another amp simulator when I went to look for a great crunch/low overdrive rock tone. Just based on my ears comparing other sims in this particular modeller.

I've never played the real thing, but if we can have a copy of it in the Axe-FX, I'd be very very excited.

Please Please Please Cliff

TimmyM

Yeah the 2555 is the missing link between the 800 and all the high gain amps.

It should be in the Axe PLEASE :mrgreen:

I use to rock out on a 2555, it was a great amp!

Why would someone vote "No"?
Makes no sense! I would be ecstatic for any amp that was added
Makes you wonder if they would sell their AxeFx if it was added :lol:

+1,

My dad sold that amp 2 weeks before I was born, and I've never been the same since.

Seriously though, I know the guy who bought the amp off him, and it's freaking amazing.

I so want this amp.

I have nothing new to contribute to the discussion, except to add length to the thread. Who knows? FAS may grant our wish if we set of the "5 page trigger"...

Back
Top Bottom