Amp levels - Where do you all set it at?

A FRET is a mechanism describing the Förster Energy transfer between two light-sensitive molecules. A donor chromophore, initially in its electronic excited state, may transfer energy to an acceptor chromophore through nonradiative dipole–dipole coupling.

The FRET pictured below is for 4 string guitars (aka bass):

Detection-of-Foerster-resonance-energy-transfer-FRET-by-fl-uorescence-lifetime-imaging.png

The FRET pictured below is for 7 string guitars (aka I think I am a better guitarist):

Coming soon, with the next Axe-FX III firmware revision.

https://chem.libretexts.org/Textboo...entals/Fluorescence_Resonance_Energy_Transfer

Last edited:
A FRET is a mechanism describing the Förster Energy transfer between two light-sensitive molecules. A donor chromophore, initially in its electronic excited state, may transfer energy to an acceptor chromophore through nonradiative dipole–dipole coupling.

Makes perfect sense! Why didn't someone just explain it to begin with?

Use the VU meters to level all amps to 0dB when striking an open G chord. That's how we do all the presets, and it gives you ample headroom.

Keep in mind, the level control is 100% independent of the tone controls. It is a completely transparent level used to account for the huge differences in the relative levels of the different amps. So bringing two different amps to zero may--will--require two very different levels. Ex: you may have a USA LEAD at -17 and a USA CLEAN at 0 to get them at the same VU level.

Joking aside, I tested this yesterday and if I set the level to 0db hitting an open G then I can easily hit +10db with palm muted open E strings. Is that too much?

Joking aside, I tested this yesterday and if I set the level to 0db hitting an open G then I can easily hit +10db with palm muted open E strings. Is that too much?
Sounds like too much bass frequency to me, but if it’s what you want then it’s fine.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom